The Duck Thread

Hi! I am new to easing ducks and I have a female sitting on 15 eggs. She has been sitting on them for 30 days now since she laid her last egg. I am concerned because I read that it should oh take 21-28 days for the eggs to hatch. What should I do? Any advice?

Hi! I am new to easing ducks and I have a female sitting on 15 eggs. She has been sitting on them for 30 days now since she laid her last egg. I am concerned because I read that it should oh take 21-28 days for the eggs to hatch. What should I do? Any advice?

Have u candled them?? It usually takes 25-28 days for them to hatch so if there is no babies yet I would candle the eggs amd see if any r alive.

What breed are you raising? All ducks take 28 days, with the exception of muscovies which take 35. None take 21.

U have to hold a good flashlight to the fat end of the egg.

U have to hold a good flashlight to the fat end of the egg.
Go to a dark place in your home i use a closet hold the flash light a good LED works best to the fat end of the egg you should be able to see into the egg at 30 days it should be completely dark inside except for the air cell

Hi, welcome to the thread! Have you candled the eggs?

Back
Top Bottom