The Duck Thread

I had a tiny duck that did that too. Every day for 3 years. She died a few days ago, her name was Sam. She probably wanted to show dominance. The others were fine. Just a few tail feathers short ;)

Hello,I have a 2yr.old crested duck named Crackers. She's lived in doors with us her whole life and doesn't seem to mind. Of course we take her outside to dig in the grass and swim in her pool. We moved in with a friend who had a bigger house and yard in September. In October she started sounding hoarse and lost her "quack". We took her to the vet who said she had a fungal infection. He prescribed medicine that we had to give her orally for 21 days. She hated it but the infection went away. Unfortunately I believe she has it again and I was wondering if there was a natural way to get rid of the infection. I thought we were keeping her away from the area we thought was the problem .. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks
Jennifer
Hows your duck doing? We use a product called Aloe Heal for every animal we have after cleaning the wound.

Hover over your name on the top right.  You should have several options with one being change my avatar.

Okay I just hate to hear them cry!! She is about 1/3 the size of my pekin.

Oh I know! But wouldn't it be horrible if the pekin was at the top of the pecking order instead if the tiny one? The mallard wouldn't have much of a chance. It's better it worked out like this :)

Back
Top Bottom