The Duck Thread

I took home a pair of 10 month old Saxony yesterday. I noticed the female sort of limping on and off today and upon further examination of her foot I found what looks to be two bumblefoot infections on each foot. I would post pictures but for some reason I haven't been able to get that function to work. They are not hard and there is no apparent core other then the brown spot which is more like a discolouration then a separate scab, the entire thing is very soft. I soaked it twice today in Epsom salts and applied an antibiotic cream from the vet and wrapped it up. I don't really want to cut it open if I can avoid it, but if the entire thing is soft is it even bumblefoot?

I'm fairly new to ducks. My oldest are just now 1 year old. How long is their breeding season?? I do know they breed all year but isn't there a main time period??
Thanks Linda

WHAT IN THE WORLD?  HOW COME THOSE 'LINGS ARE SO ENORMOUSLY ADORABLE IN THEIR MINI-NESS?  UNDERNEATH THEIR LITTLE PANCAKING BODS ARE THEIR BITSY WEBS.

Miracle (Merkel) is the little one in back. He was stuck to the shell. Amazing he is 1 week old today!! They were only about 1" tall when hatched. Cutest little ducklings I've ever seen.

Miracle (Merkel) is the little one in back. He was stuck to the shell. Amazing he is 1 week old today!! They were only about 1" tall when hatched. Cutest little ducklings I've ever seen.
love.gif
It's amazing how that much can fit inside the egg and then how much they grow so quickly once they are out.

Oooooooooh they are sooooo cute!
love.gif
An inch-tall duckling - that is so adorable! I'm trying to picture that; so tiny! Miracle has got to be one of the most adorable ducklings EVER. Thanks for sharing the pics!

I have a Welsh Harlequin that has me gender confused... It quacks, has a black bill but orange feet and is colored like my drake. It has not been acting like a drake. But now it is sporting what looks like a drake feather. All three of my Welshies hatched here at the house and are about 5 and 1/2 mos. old. They were from eggs I bought on E-bay. Do I have TWO drakes?? on the left Here it is with my girl
Maybe he's just a really late bloomer? Sometimes it takes awhile for them to get in their drake coloring. The two drakes I have now developed at different paces and one was obviously a drake very early on but the other was a bit of a late bloomer. Although if he actually quacks that's a little strange, lol.

Maybe he's just a really late bloomer? Sometimes it takes awhile for them to get in their drake coloring. The two drakes I have now developed at different paces and one was obviously a drake very early on but the other was a bit of a late bloomer. Although if he actually quacks that's a little strange, lol.
I was hoping to hear from you
smile.png
Definitely a quack but not like my other girl Rhonda. Well, actually a lot of my other girls will just start quacking and not shut up. Rousey only quacks once or twice. No rasp at all. How about the black bill? I'm trying to count her girl traits vs. boy traits and come up with more girl, lol. Thank you.

I was hoping to hear from you:) Definitely a quack but not like my other girl Rhonda.  Well, actually a lot of my other girls will just start quacking and not shut up.  Rousey only quacks once or twice.  No rasp at all.  How about the black bill?  I'm trying to count her girl traits vs. boy traits and come up with more girl, lol.  Thank you.

The black bill might still lighten up to green, sometimes that takes awhile too. Maybe she's both - that does rarely happen. You could vent sex her, if you dare.

The black bill might still lighten up to green, sometimes that takes awhile too. Maybe she's both - that does rarely happen. You could vent sex her, if you dare.

You shoulda named that duck "It" ! Lol! That's a very pretty duck, wether it be male, female or both. I wish It could keeps it's colors, looks so very cool.

Back
Top Bottom