The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
In the first pic, waffle's beard looks like a goatee.
lol.png

Well guys I have a little bit of bad news... I recently hatched 7 Easter Eggers from someone that had BEAUTIFUL EE's on here, unfortunately ALL SEVEN turned out to be boys!!!
barnie.gif
he.gif
What luck I have!!! Well I contacted them and all they said was "sorry"... I asked if they had any more eggs I could get and they never responded.... SOOOoooooo I was wondering if anyone here had any fertile EE eggs that I could try again... Thanks!

Quote:
I can probably help you out on that.... Let me think on it and see.... Maybe I will just toss a couple in with the others.... Odd now that I think about it don't have too many. I will pm you if you want more to let you know what I have.

Woo hoo...my EE had her first molt this fall and finally feathered back out looking like her beautiful self. Waiting and waiting to see if she would start laying again and tonight when I got home and checked the nesting box there was a beautiful green/blue egg from her!!! I said thank you Millie and she chirped back in the sweetest voice!! oh how I love my colored eggs!! And how my husband thinks I am nuts and love my chickens more than him...hummmm JK I love my hubby too! haha

Quote:
In the first pic, waffle's beard looks like a goatee.
lol.png

Ha ha yep, Waffle was ALWAYS super beardy...even as a little chick, her muffs were so big, her head looked as big as her body
roll.png
I loved her so very much.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

She is so cute. Please, Please, Please put me on the list for eggs? Chicken Plea-se!!
fl.gif

~Aspen

Well I have an auction going now
lol.png

Girls are laying enough now that the family isn't eating enough to keep up, and I'm not going to risk hatching among all this rain and muck right now, so, I'm letting someone get the chance of these wacky EE's plus some mottled/spangled ones, too, before I get to personally see some of my own.

Makes me jealous but excited, honestly
big_smile.png

Because I plan to continue both the frizzled/smooth EE's shown previously as well as breeding them (the least related) together for some tolbunt-esque blue layers, I'll eventually make a little diagram showing most of the main color possibilities from the breedings. It'll be fun. My current auction includes an Araucana which will add awesome tufts and sex-linked color to the mix, but I probably won't do that again. Right now I'm focusing on getting further down the generations, not starting over. (but I do love the rumplessness; it's proven itself time and time again to be a superior trait for escaping predators)​

I've got a mixed breed hen.... I feel like she doesn't fit in anywhere totally. Her father was a pure blue wheaten ameraucana, mother was cackle hatchery stock EE that layed a blue egg, she almost looks like a wheaten hen. I've got her in with my black coppers to keep from getting her confused with my wheatens.

Back
Top Bottom