The EE braggers thread!!!

Their temperament seems to depend on their background. The Easter-eggers I got at the feed store are insane like that, but the ones I got from a small, local hatchery are sweet, calm, and friendly.

Betty's my lap EE and is perfectly fine with being picked up and toted around, even by my 4 year old niece (no matter how skeptical she looks in this picture :lol: ).

Their temperament seems to depend on their background. The Easter-eggers I got at the feed store are insane like that, but the ones I got from a small, local hatchery are sweet, calm, and friendly.

Betty's my lap EE and is perfectly fine with being picked up and toted around, even by my 4 year old niece (no matter how skeptical she looks in this picture
lol.png
).

She is a pretty bird.

My EEs that are skinny and Leghorn shaped are spazes. The ones that are bigger and heftier are sweethearts. I agree - it depends on their parentage.

She is a pretty bird.

My EEs that are skinny and Leghorn shaped are spazes. The ones that are bigger and heftier are sweethearts. I agree - it depends on their parentage.

Some of the youngsters growing out have Welsummer mammas so will probably lay light olive, but they are a bit calmer than their pure EE sisters. This fall I have some real sweet BOxBR girls and plan to breed the biggest one to Earl the EE roo; maybe their daughters will be calmer yet. Some other planned crosses are the purebred blue Ameraucauna girls to the biggest and calmest BCM for some olivers.

All the EEs and ameraucanas I have had and currently have are all really tame and calm. Easy to catch, love to be held, and dont run away.Maybe I have just been lucky.

I dont know if anyone rememers my feather footed cutie I called Margo

well Margo is all grown up and she turned out to be a he renamed Marco. Marco now about 4 months old. Hes so pretty but I have to many roosters if anyone is in NH and interested PM me. It wont let me upload his pic. Ill try again here shortly

Pipdzip...love your Betty so much !! What is her cross?A Beauty!
Im partial to light color birds anyway.

Now on Breeding Amerauncas to other birds to get EEs maybe a dumb question but if my Lav Am roo is jumping on all my yard hens will some of the the pullets they create lay blue eggs or does it have the be the hen that's a blue egg layer not from the roo.?
(Maybe i could find this if I went back some posts but submiting this is easier)

Wonder if the fatter EEs are part Brahma?
What wonderful chickens those are.Big Fluffy Calm and totally sweet everyone I have even my laced Brahma roo who Is I swear is as big as a turkey. Maybe hes part TURKEY
I bought some EEs at a feed store too a etyar or 2 ago and boy freakyyyy. They never from day one got over freaking out if I tried to touch them and I tried numerous times a day EVERY DAY. Sold them at about 4 months old.
My other 3 breeds same age were fine and are today with being touched.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom