The EE braggers thread!!!

[quote url="[URL]http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/6-3/determining_sex_in_chicks/[/URL]"]
I just picked my 2 EE chicks using the chipmonk pattern method...supposedly, if the marking runs from the head, down the neck, all the way to the tail, without breaking, and has 3 colors (ie. brown, black, white) it is female. If the marking is on the head but is not on the neck, then again on the back, and there are only 2 colors (such as just black and white) it is male.
http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/6-3/determining_sex_in_chicks/

I tried that...we'll see if it "worked."  Supposedly that patterning is true for most partridge color chicks.

However, EE's are hybrids and often hybrids of hybrids (mutts upon mutts) so no method will hold true.  You just have to do your best guess and cross your fingers.
Lady of McCamley

I can tell you that dosent work or at least not from my experience
[/quote]

Thanks everyone. I did suspect it would be more difficult since they are essentially mutts. I appreciate what I can gain from your experiences!

Yaaay!!!! I finally got my green eggs and ham. :D yesterday one of my EEs laid! Not sure which one- they're playing tricks on me, but oh well!! :D
Congrats. All these beautiful eggs.... I'm jealous. I still about 5 more months to wait lol. Loving watching my babies grow up though! 3 1/2 wks old now and getting more beautiful with each passing day!

I bred my pretty boy Earl to a sister/half sister because I love her soft gold and grey coloring and wanted more birds like her. Their parents were a Lavender Orpington and EE. The chicks are now about five weeks old.

In this hatch were 6 chicks, 5 from the EE girl and 1 from my Wellie/Leghorn girl. 4 boys and 2 girls. The boy in front here looks a lot like his daddy. There are more pics on my blog

I bred my pretty boy Earl to a sister/half sister because I love her soft gold and grey coloring and wanted more birds like her. Their parents were a Lavender Orpington and EE. The chicks are now about five weeks old.

In this hatch were 6 chicks, 5 from the EE girl and 1 from my Wellie/Leghorn girl. 4 boys and 2 girls. The boy in front here looks a lot like his daddy. There are more pics on my blog

They look so pretty!! Are those the chicks?

I think my EE pullet is getting ready to lay. She is about 20 wks old and I noticed today that her comb is redding up. Can't wait to see what color her eggs are. My customers sure like the brown eggs, but I think a blue one would be nice :)

I bred my pretty boy Earl to a sister/half sister because I love her soft gold and grey coloring and wanted more birds like her. Their parents were a Lavender Orpington and EE. The chicks are now about five weeks old. In this hatch were 6 chicks, 5 from the EE girl and 1 from my Wellie/Leghorn girl. 4 boys and 2 girls. The boy in front here looks a lot like his daddy. There are more pics on my blog
They are beautiful. Would love to have some of their eggs for hatching if you ever decide to sell any :)

I took this picture of Eleanor today and I thought it was so pretty.

Great picture
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom