The EE braggers thread!!!

Thought I'd share some photos of my EE Phi Phi. Pardon her being in molt and looking a little messy, and for not looking at me even for mealies! I personally love her color, especially her black head, the green sheen in all her black feathers, and the lovely bronze "highlights" she has especially on the neck and chest (though I'm not sure the photos captured it). She is right at 6 months and is just starting to redden in the comb and get the pelvic spread that will lead to the mystery egg color being solved!

One of my girls laid their first beautiful egg today. So excited
smile.png
Congratulations! that color is lovely! I saw EE Merry in the nest today, and I found her egg along with what is likely to be one of my Cochins first egg.

Merry, 13 months old

I have 6 EE girls with 2 Wheaten Ameraucana boys. The girls are only 21 wks old (22 on Wed) so I wasn't expecting any eggs just yet. The boys are only 15 wks old today. So many people talked about 8-10 months before their EEs started laying. 2 of my girls started squatting for me and the older polish roosters over the last couple of days so I was hoping. All 6 of the girls squat when I pet them but the 2 of them started squatting even when I just walk by. I love the color of the egg and am soon excited about it.

8-10 months?! Wow! Mine started laying at 5 months. I had 2 green eggs today so I think my third EE started laying today :D
Still waiting on 3 Buff Orpingtons and 1 RIR to start

8-10 months?! Wow! Mine started laying at 5 months. I had 2 green eggs today so I think my third EE started laying today :D
Still waiting on 3 Buff Orpingtons and 1 RIR to start

Yep that's what I've heard. Even cheeka's post above says her EE Merry is 13 months old and just laid her first egg. I'm glad that at least 1 of mine isn't going to make me wait that long lol

Last edited:
Thought I'd share some photos of my EE Phi Phi.  Pardon her being in molt and looking a little messy, and for not looking at me even for mealies!  I personally love her color, especially her black head, the green sheen in all her black feathers, and the lovely bronze "highlights" she has especially on the neck and chest (though I'm not sure the photos captured it).  She is right at 6 months and is just starting to redden in the comb and get the pelvic spread that will lead to the mystery egg color being solved!

She's pretty. 3 of my 6 have reddened in the comb but only 1 has started laying so far. Hope the others will follow close behind :) Hope yours lays soon too!

My EE, Scrambles, was 26 weeks when she reached POL.
Rumples my other EE is about 24 weeks and I think she has laid, but not sure since the eggs that I found were "rubber" eggs. They had no color in them, so I could not tell who had laid them. :/

Last edited:
Mine all lay light green. That is a great shade of green I've never seen before. I want an Americauna, I would love some blue eggs in my mix. Just love the EE eggs.

I have a normal Wheaten Ameraucana male and a blue Wheaten male in with my EEs. I want a Barnevelder hen to add to the mix to produce some olive eggs :) Hoping that at least 1 of my 6 girls will lay blue eggs :). I love all the colors too!!

My EE, Scrambles, was 26 weeks when she reached POL.
Rumples my other EE is about 24 weeks and I think she has laid, but not sure since the eggs that I found were "rubber" eggs. They had no color in them, so I could not tell who had laid them. :/

Poor baby. I've never had "rubber" eggs here. Is it something that can be corrected?

Back
Top Bottom