The EE braggers thread!!!

I just had my most successful hatch ever. 27 chicks from a full incubator of eggs (auto turner so that should be 41 eggs). 2 had to have help hatch at the end. 2 ended up infertile. 2 quit early. Those 4 didn't even make it to lock down. Eggtopsy reavealed 1 that didn't absorb yolk, 2 were "juicy" and the rest made it to the end and looked normal yet didn't make out for some reason (2 externally pipped but didn't continue and I don't know why - 1 was wrong end but he still made an opening so he was able to breath then but that was as far as he went). I'll have to get photos of all my fluffy babies. I've got chicks of many colors, some with extra fluffy cheeks, some with colored legs and some with orange/yellow legs. Hard to tell about combs on heads that are so little. They hatched out starting Wednesday (last 4 out today and still in the incubator) and some of them are already growing little wing feathers.

CG

There's 7 TSC feather-legged bantams in with them...makes it easier to pick them out.

CG

Amazing Madonna our EE is 14yrs old and just layed 2 eggs. Her hormones kicked in with the 2 new Light Brahma chicks ( Carmen & Miranda ) that I put outside in the daytime. She is such a good Hen! Love her!
That is an old hen! Wow, good for her!
thumbsup.gif

That is an old hen! Wow, good for her!
thumbsup.gif

She is acting all proud. She's been more aggressive to the other hens when the babies are out. I think she wants to me there mommy. Last time we got eggs from her she layed 5 under a workbench about a year ago, our other young ones were about 8 months old and she is very possessive of them. Now that we have these newbies she's kind of picking on the other light brahmas that she was bossing. It's funny to watch. At night she comes to me and squats for me to pick her up and put her in her pen. She hasn't done that in years. I think she's regressing..LOL

When I first heard about EEs I thought they were weird looking. A chicken with a beard? What? Then I was given one. And turns out she's my favorite hen. She has the best personality and she is so beautiful. So when I decided to get a rooster I got an EE. Then I decided to hatch some eggs. So now I have 13 EEs. Only time will tell how many gir;s and boys we got, but here they are.
This is Pickle, my first EE. She's about 3-ish, I think.

She lays a beautiful blue egg.

Here's Captain Jack Sparrow. He'll be a year old on the 1st.

And some of the babies, hatched on the 19th.

Last edited:
In starting to think this lil pullet might be a lil roo.
Redish brown is coming in on the top of the wings now tho, but all black and white like last week lol
Pullet maybe still?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom