The EE braggers thread!!!

In the last 2 days my broody hens (a frizzle and a silkie) have been busy. 6 EE chicks and 1 EE x Buff chantecler chick out running around. I've never used a broody to hatch before but I must say it's the way to go if you can. 8 eggs set and 7 hatched. Very happy. I'll get pics tomorrow if the ladies will let me

Quote:
You know I have watched them plenty and I have thought that also but it is all part of growing up ...
thumbsup.gif

Hello all!
I just hatched out some easter egger chicks from my flock and I have the most curious looking little chick. It has an Easter Egger daddy and either a black Australorp or barred rock mommy. I think it may be a sex-link male and the mom is the barred rock...but the spot is not white it's buff, and the placement is not right. Has anyone seen anything like it?

No idea..but it's so cute!

I have nothing to brag about yet as my EE are still week old chicks. I originally said to myself when planning my flock that I wasn't going to get any Easter Eggers because the eggs I had seen from them weren't very large. They were pretty, but they seemed too small to me.

However, when I went to Farm and Fleet to pick up my chicks, they had some "loose" chicks for sale and I decided that 45 of my own wasn't enough and I could just get a few of the others to make an even 50. So I couldn't resist picking up two barred rocks and three "Araucanas", which I have since figured out is only half true, but I am still glad I got them. Each EE is slightly different and I can already see where two of them will likely have the tufts by their beaks. Because they are different, they stick out as well and they are easy to find among my Australorps and RIRs and Leghorns / Austra-Whites.

I find myself being more drawn to them now and so I am anxious to see what they end up looking like. If only they could grow up faster. Chicks are fun, but I want some chickens!!

Question.... I have two EE. One is a "wheaten" and one is a "brown". Both had super green legs and no muffs as of a month ago. Since then the white one has grown a muff. The brown one didnt. I noticed today however that the white ones legs arent really green anymore. They arent as yellow as my Red sex link but def not green anymore. First is the old pic then the one from today. About 1 month apart. I know EE are "mutts" so there isnt a standard for them but is this normal?

Last edited:
Question.... I have two EE. One is a "wheaten" and one is a "brown". Both had super green legs and no muffs as of a month ago. Since then the white one has grown a muff. The brown one didnt. I noticed today however that the white ones legs arent really green anymore. They arent as yellow as my Red sex link but def not green anymore. First is the old pic then the one from today. About 1 month apart. I know EE are "mutts" so there isnt a standard for them but is this normal?
Yeah its normal. True ameracaunas sometimes have yellowish feet when they hatch but change to the slate color later when they get older

Back
Top Bottom