The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
Pea Combs and beautiful birds which happen to be Easter Eggers or chickens which have both the blue and brown egg color genes and will lay a variety of egg colors.
yippiechickie.gif

I just ordered 10 EE chicks from Ideal and plan on incubating as many of my own EE sage colored eggs as I can collect for a week. So far she lays daily.
wee.gif

MulticolorThanks.gif

Definite cockerel.

Well, here's my latest Easter Eggers. One hatchery-based, the rest "homemade."

My hatchery girl, now 2 years old, named Tufted. She's such a sad example. . . She lays about 20 eggs a year and quite likely is going to quit this year, she had a prolapse once, she's got crooked toes, she has an odd body shape/deformity, she has wry tail, and she waddles.

5367917498_fae72bd697_z.jpg

This is my next oldest Easter Egger, a cross of a colorful EE cock and a WCB Polish hen. Despite both parents being anything but broody breeds/varieties, this girl just went broody after only 3 weeks of laying eggs!

5261576000_b6365ce5eb_z.jpg

These are my next oldest Easter Eggers; Dad is a rumpless, tufted Araucana, mom is a hatchery quality New Hampshire.

This cockerel got the rumpless half of the genes, but no tufts.

5370869609_9998cd0196_z.jpg

Amazingly, all my EE's from this batch look like normal hatchery EE's. . . This girl is tailed, and is a Silver Duckwing + Columbian genes.

5370870279_a9a251866d_z.jpg

This girl, though she looks like a boy, is also a silver duckwing with even more Columbian in her.

5370870575_0e645445bf_z.jpg

This girl is your typical gold duckwing/wildtype BBR color, but with columbian in her as well.

5370869287_787b42272f_z.jpg

5371470534_ea4caf0782_z.jpg

Here's another boy from the batch, he also looks amazingly like a typical hatchery EE, but instead with a blue gene. Genetically, he is a "Golden" Duckwing with Columbian (to reverse colors) and blue.

5367287321_19f9b733c4_z.jpg

Last but not least of the batch is my ONLY tufted one out of the batch, rumpless too, and also with the blue gene. He's full on Gold Duckwing/BBR but doesn't look it because of the columbian reversing his coloration. Behind him is a younger Easter Egger cockerel who is half Blue Wheaten Ameraucana, half Gold Duckwing Araucana. Excuse the mess, they've been running around in some awfully muddy places. It's Washington here.
wink.png

5367896286_451cd74e05_z.jpg

The next "Easter Eggers" are my Olive Eggers - Half Araucana, half Wheaten Marans here -

5347648861_ecfcba68fd_z.jpg

And the rest (only one pictured) are half Araucana, half Black Copper Marans. Sadly NONE of them caught the tufted gene. It's a 50/50 gamble.

This cockerel got the entire bad luck of the draw. . . Has a tail, has a single comb instead of pea comb, and is a boy. He's huge though!!

5348258146_47ef95649f_z.jpg

Pardon the wet scenes. . . It has been raining a lot here and I've only lately been able to clean out the coop, so the last photo is wet shavings.

Illia, I have a gal similar to your girl Tufted, not the same color, but she has the wry tail, and she's at the bottom of the pecking order, very short, not sure if she is laying yet. She's one of my favorites though.
She's my black and white one.

december10toJanuary11023.jpg

Well, I finally uploaded my pics, last week my 11 August hatch EE gals began to lay. So far 7 are laying, waiting on 4, so far this is what I am getting..........wooo hoo.

this is the first day when all had donated me an egg. bless em' Edited to add: excuse the dirty, stained eggs, the girls are still laying them wherever, which isn't the nest box, some are, some are not, they seem to pick any ol' corner at the moment.

december10toJanuary11227.jpg

This is most of the eggs after 3 days.

december10toJanuary11261.jpg

I like the darker green on the far left, and I have a very nice baby blue one.

december10toJanuary11260.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I have 6 EE's and they all started laying at 4 mos. They've been my most consistent layers.

I got my day-olds April 29 from a local feed store. Didn't get a single egg from any of them until November ... 7 months. I have one who still hasn't laid her first egg (9 months). Next time, I go through a hatchery or better yet, a breeder.

I got all our EE's from Cackle on June 9th. Some started laying in November, but some not until last week. Why did it take some of them so long? How big will their eggs get cuz they are so tiny! It seems as if the 1st layers are at a large size, but just.
sad.png

Got my first egg today and it was green!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooo Hoooo
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
ep.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
My girls were hatched on Sept 21, we weren't even expecting any eggs for weeks. I'm at work now but will post pics when I get home (tomorrow some time) I haven't even got to see it yet, I already left for work when my husband found it.

Back
Top Bottom