The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Gorgeous! I gotta learn how to set my camera for those close focus pics.................... yours always show such great detail in feather pattern.

I'm in total agreement this mornin'- (1) Great pics, very evident some have either great skill with a camera, great cameras or most likely both! Such intricate color patterns on your hens Kassaundra. Some beautiful coloration on your Skyfire's neck area! (2) Illia- Yes, It's time to move on from this debate, anyone who has been reading this thread for the past couple of weeks should be well educated by now on the difference between the three "breeds". Interesting but of the eggs layed by my last Summer's hatch hens my EE's are laying a better blue colored egg than my Araucana's. But, I have been working along that goal for some years now. As an experiment I will be pairing my only Ameraucana hen with an EE roo to see how the offspring turn out. She is laying a really nice shade of blue egg.

Quote:
But they don't. Slate legs are almost a minority, in fact it is green or yellow that are the more majority in leg colors, clean faced birds pop up all the time, and color and egg color are another huge ballpark.

However if you just get a EE roo and crosst it with other breeds you usually don't see all those traits carrying on on all the chicks, so to say that they have been crossed with other breeds to improve egg production I do believe that but the statement that you make about been crossbred with no goal in mind I think is missleading.

How so? I'm curious of your opinions on why. All I mean is that they breed their EE's nearly the same they do the rest of their birds, except that production has not been a goal until recently. Take a look at all the EE's out there that are known to lay very little if at all. Besides that, what other goal is there? Color isn't one - You get columbian, silver, gold, blue, duckwing, dominant white, recessive white, etc floating around. Body type isn't another - They once looked like the Original Quechua, now they vary a lot, some looking more so like them, some having literally hunched backs, some looking a lot like an Ameraucana, and some looking more like a Leghorn. Beard/muffs isn't one - Clean faced birds pop up all the time. Leg color isn't one. Egg color isn't either, except more recently with newer hatcheries and with more demand for non-brown eggs, but still, Murray McMurray especially just hire breeders to cross whatever. It's a lot like their Blue Andalusians and Frizzles - People get splash and black birds or frazzled birds all the time, when it's as simple as controlling what traits the parents have, and viola, better breeding. But, they don't really care for it because the customers don't.

Not looking for an argument, I see your agreements, I'm just curious of your side it.
smile.png

See but that's where I think that you come up with just believes, I know that you know a lot as even myself have benefit from your knowledge, but just look back on this thread most if not all of the birds that people have that come from hatcheries they do have those traits, another example, I recently when to 3 feed stores where they had a bunch of EE babies, I didn't see one single Chick with yellow legs I did see however one that had almost no beard on her and the pea comb was also on all the chicks that I checked at least there. Like you said yeah there are gonna be chicks that pop out with some of those features missing but as far as I've seen its minimal, but then again dont all breeders also get chicks with missing features that would otherwise make them show birds. Now I'm not trying to say that EEs are ameraucanas or such, but as we were diss using before we Re trying to learn how the hatcheries breed their EEs to get their chics, what does their stock looks like and where it comes from.

This is why there ought to be a distinction between "North American Quechua", "Easter Egger" and "APA Ameraucana" <---bleh! to that one.

But I digress...it's a never-ending and pointless discussion on BYC. The more science-oriented community of chicken folks understands it.

I, personally, don't mind that they are discussing the history of EE and Ameraucana genetics. If it turns into an argument or drags on for ten pages, that's a little excessive...

Guess what! My little Amber laid a blue egg today! I was so suprised, because the previous one she laid was sage green!
ep.gif

Oh congrats Birdnut! thats awesome the first green egg always seems to take forever to get here but once you have it its totally worth the wait ha!!
Anyways here are some picks I got today of my week and half chicks!
DSCN1258.jpg

DSCN1259.jpg

DSCN1262.jpg

DSCN1263.jpg

DSCN1265.jpg

DSCN1266.jpg

Oh and I almost forgot this is my Olive egger, just hatched yesterday! Hoping for a girl!
DSCN1271.jpg

Can you believe the size compared to her Serema siblings!!
She looks like a little godzilla compared to the Serema chicks!
DSCN1269.jpg

DSCN1275.jpg

Awww man, I LOVE them at that age. So tiny, and fluffy!

You're re-igniting the chick-o-meter in me.... it's okay though, as I'm picking up a new batch on Friday!!
big_smile.png
Perfect End of Quarter gift to myself. LOL

Back
Top Bottom