The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
well the chicken calc. started it all, and the fact I love that Blue Rock, we call her "Marion" we did not raise her but got lucky and live 30 miles from Halo.
http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

I have prolly set about 18 of "her" eggs. #37

67513_008.jpg

you can see that she is not as dark as the other blue Rocks we have and I wonder if she carries a dilute gene?

67513_p1030066.jpg

67513_p1030268.jpg

out of ~18 of her eggs We prolly have gotten half and half Splash to Blue, I have given over 3/4 away cause was only keeping the blue with the dark beaks and legs.
67513_thing001_3.jpg

I did keep 4 splash and all the Splash I kept have been pullets so far. Also 3 of the Splash pullets are very lightly colored, almost like they are dilute black, dilute blue and white, but I am a newb. I do have eyes on about 8 more of her chicks that I gave to a friend and will get pics, they are mostly blue with 2 splash- the splash are pullets, so no splash roo out of this breeding yet but we are going to keep setting her eggs, we need the layers and imho Halo's blue rocks are awesome.

we did hatch more of the barred rock hens X with the splash Am this spring and got way more of those, I will get pics this weekend. They are very pretty, blue barred and blue.

Back
Top Bottom