The EE braggers thread!!!

I just wanted to share a couple pics of my boys that are coming up on a year old.. I love how they are maturing.
this is Darcymy funky chicken EarlUncle Daddy and his girls

Our EE roo looks like your Uncle Daddy. He is the top roo, even though the BR roo we have is bigger than him, and the only one who crows. I think it is funny that he is the smaller roo but is the top roo!

My girls gave me eggs at 22 weeks! I was expecting them to be late bloomers, but they started with my RIR and Austrolorps.
big_smile.png

The bottom two are from my EE's. The picture doesn't do them justice. One lays olive green and the other is more of a sea foam green.

omg omg omg!!! I set my very first uh..home grown eggs ever and I see veins!!! I only set the eggs that were from my EE girls that lays these eggs...the turquoise one.. lol

Possible baby daddy is a black ameraucana cockerel or a blue marans. Either way... it is a good thing! lol
wee.gif

Last edited:
omg omg omg!!! I set my very first uh..home grown eggs ever and I see veins!!! I only set the eggs that were from my EE girls that lays these eggs...the turquoise one.. lol

Possible baby daddy is a black ameraucana cockerel or a blue marans. Either way... it is a good thing! lol
wee.gif
Ooh love the color of that egg! Congrats! Those will be some good looking babies regardless of which is daddy!
big_smile.png

Can I just say that turquoise egg is gorgeous!
love.gif

wee.gif

Last edited:
Can I just say that turquoise egg is gorgeous!
love.gif

Quote:
thank you! Isn't it beautiful? She always lays a very vibrant egg. This one was not a fluke but definitely one of her best. She is just a hatchery EE from mypechicken.com. I posted pics of her awhile ago. I read that some original hatcheries imported the Quetchua (spelled?) chickens and so are still using some of those genetics to make their Easter Eggers. Who knows what she really is...just a happy accident most likely but I really want to get some daughters out of her before some unforeseen thing happens to her. You know how your favorite bird is always the first to go? lol

She kinda looks like my Welsummer. Pretty girl.
I know what you mean about losing you favorite birds.....the only 2 I've lost to predators were my favorites.
thank you! Isn't it beautiful? She always lays a very vibrant egg. This one was not a fluke but definitely one of her best. She is just a hatchery EE from mypechicken.com. I posted pics of her awhile ago. I read that some original hatcheries imported the Quetchua (spelled?) chickens and so are still using some of those genetics to make their Easter Eggers. Who knows what she really is...just a happy accident most likely but I really want to get some daughters out of her before some unforeseen thing happens to her. You know how your favorite bird is always the first to go? lol

bunch of chicks hatched today from the 3 blue rock hens x with the lav am roo in this video.
man are they chunky birds, may just hatch these all summer by fall I will have a team big enough to pull a hay wagon.

Im going to get a white light to take video of the chicks, they are under red light now and you cant tell the shades

here are the rents, the 3 blue hens in this pen.

Back
Top Bottom