The EE braggers thread!!!

Do you know what kind of a mix he is? I just hatched out a Blue Andalusian x Black Ameraucana, and I'm sure hoping it grows up looking like that one!
big_smile.png
He is actually mixed with BlueJG and red partridge EE...so he'll probably be big and hopefully sweet like his mom.

BACKYARDCOOP thanks I love my bearded ladies. Your Fluff is super cute. My girls are only 11 weeks old today(10 weeks in the pic taken last week) so they may change some as they continue to grow. Ill try to find pics of them at 6 weeks they might be in my album if you want to take a look.

Fluff will look like a wildtype duckwing when grow. She'll be what some people call "partridge" though not true Partridge.

Blue Andalusian x Black Ameraucana = blue or black birds, no red like on the shown rooster, and a rather tall modified pea comb, likely flopped over. They may vary.

To get a rooster like the blue and red one, you'd need to cross a blue with any non-solid color which includes Red or Buff, as those genetically are not "solid." But for best results, cross the first gen offspring that's blue to another non-blue bird, as most blues carry the silver gene, so your first gen males won't be red and blue like him but instead yellow, white, and blue.

Last edited:
Yes they will most likely stay white.... they may have some leakage after a moult, buy not usually.
thumbsup.gif
Cool!
clap.gif
I plan to get some good pics of our chicks hopefully
fl.gif
this week when DH can help me. I'll have to post pics of my 2 Ams here. I may even get some pics of our adult EE girls to show off too. 2 of them are a little rough looking. I noticed they must have been the roosters favorites when we got rid of our EE roo. Both of them are a little bare backed right now.
hide.gif

I guess to me, I see EE's comparing to Ameraucanas as any other mutt or even purebred to them. There's not that much similarity except in cases like yours above which then, I'd say they are practically the same and no better or worse than the other. Otherwise, homemade ones especially, they're a whole other thing hardly comparable to Ameraucanas. Just my opinion.

Anyway, here's a couple recent photos of some "homemade" ones.

This first one is Araucana and Polish based, she's tufted, crested, got beard/muffs, and a tail. She'll lay a light blue egg in a couple months.

My mottled pullet again. Her hairdo is just sooo awesome. It is maturing now to where it sweeps back and upward in a tight blunt point, much like it has been gelled that way. She's got style!
lol.png

And, here's a scruffy headed cockerel resting next to her.

It's not all tophats and beards here though. This is an "Olive Egger" form of Easter Egger, she lays some nice olive green eggs and is Araucana based. She has a pretty plain body, but the most interesting color of a bright brick breast and steely blue throughout the rest of her body, complete with a rusty silver necklace.

And last but certainly not least, Jubilee, my frizzled Easter Egger. She lays nice bright sky blue eggs, and is oh so soft to pet!

As you can tell, I'm obsessed with her and I love her! She's like a great big pine cone, but soft!

Behind her in this shot is another Easter Egger (err, two) The one on the left is a Buff EE with a crest and beard/muffs. The one on the right is more of a normal EE color, kinda orange with black bits. All these EE's are Ameraucana based.

Just love these hens....what a variety....someday I want to get a frizzle something...just love those feathers

Back
Top Bottom