The EE braggers thread!!!

Yellow chicks usually do. Wheatens are yellow and feather in a different color.... I didn't think of that... your roo looks kinda wheaten, maybe your hens are carrying wheaten... maybe that is what you have a wheaten color EE. Let us know in a few weeks. You can see the color coming in then.
though DMRippy is right two white chickens usually produce yellow chicks that turn white

Bleenie, I have a question for you. I got an EE the other day. She is feathering out like a wyandotte...black feathers with a gold/brown vein and gold around the neck. She has muffs and very dark slate/blue legs. She looks like she will have a rose comb. Do you think my bird may be an EE/Wyandotte bird and will have olive green eggs?
It's hard to say what she might have in her. Many breeds have the lacing(sounds like what you're describing). My EE hen that laysolive-colored eggs had an dark Olive Egger for a mother and a Wyandotte dad, I think I was lucky that she endedup being an Olive Egger as well, especially with a rose comb!

Photo Shoot of the EE's that hatched...Crazy Colors and I only have three EE's and I get these colors and I love it!!!

Check out the leg color...I have two blue chicks

My Red Brown baby...

Waiting on a EE egg to hatch...is like Christmas. Never Know what your gonna get!

Photo Shoot of the EE's that hatched...Crazy Colors and I only have three EE's and I get these colors and I love it!!!

Check out the leg color...I have two blue chicks

My Red Brown baby...

Waiting on a EE egg to hatch...is like Christmas. Never Know what your gonna get!

pretty birds! i cant wait to see them grown and laying.

Awwww, such cute babies!
love.gif
Yes, they are so colorful as chicks and adults.........and then they give us the loveliest eggs too!

I think EE eggs put the perfect touch in our egg basket. Here is a picture of some of the variety we get from our little flock. Only one EE is laying so far, but her eggs are such a pretty blue and create a nice contrast to the shades of brown.

it's been a while...
Peach @21 weeks

Archie @ 23 weeks

Si @ 23 weeks

Blu and Isis @ 27 weeks

Royce @27 weeks

Blu lays a nice Olive green egg, Isis has yet to lay her first egg, and Peach is a ways off yet...

Cheeka, Peach is so pretty. She looks like a dark wheaten. And ya gotta love Si's awesome beard! Everyone looks so healthy. Now to convince Isis to lay that egg! Have you given her a squeeze lately?
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom