The EE braggers thread!!!

Here's my two EE's...Goldie and Bertie
They haven't started laying yet but I'm excited to see what colors their eggs will be.
big_smile.png

We started with some wheaten and blue wheaten ameracaunas as well as some EE from the feed store and added lavendar ameracaunas. We decided to have just EE blue egg layers. So the Wheaten and Blue Wheaten roosters went over the EE at different times. We gained size and added blue to the EE. Now we are adding some of the lavendar into the mix of EE. We want our EE be as large as we can get them, to have heavy beards and clean legs and the bluest eggs we can get. We have started some Olive Eggers as well and with those we still want to preserve the beards they will be larger because of the Marans influence and the legs we'll keep as clean as we can of cours all the shades of green we can conjur up.

A Few of our EE

That's the Wheaten Ameracauna he will be bred back to second generation girls.

The next two pics are of an upcoming EE rooster we will likely use on the next generation.

random cute, here is a rooster that i have been watching eagerly and trying to I.D. his color..........In person he's a pale beige and white, but instead of the usual black he's shaded very pastel blue! Very pretty. Pretty sure he's a boy, he and the other obvious roo get into sparring matches all the time!

Quote: My suggestion was to make some Wheatens that are SPLIT for Lavender. Use that roo we were talking about with wheatens and they would also be split for lavender. Then you could breed those together and get some Lavender Wheatens or Porcelain EE.

Sounds like I could have quite the breeding project on my hands! I don't know the original breeder of Larry, I just know she is a private breeder in Morrilton AR. I doubt she's on here, my friend bought a bunch of pullets from her and then traded Larry with me when he found our Larry was a boy. Also it just so happens that I have a blue wheaten Ameraucana! But, since she's blue and not regular wheaten what difference will that make in my new porcelain project? Should I find some wheaten girls or could I eventually get to porcelain by putting Larry with my blue wheaten?

Sounds like I could have quite the breeding project on my hands! I don't know the original breeder of Larry, I just know she is a private breeder in Morrilton AR. I doubt she's on here, my friend bought a bunch of pullets from her and then traded Larry with me when he found our Larry was a boy. Also it just so happens that I have a blue wheaten Ameraucana! But, since she's blue and not regular wheaten what difference will that make in my new porcelain project? Should I find some wheaten girls or could I eventually get to porcelain by putting Larry with my blue wheaten?

When breeding any Lavenders you should use black birds for the cross. NEVER blue.

i thought the only reason you don't use blue is confusion?

But you could keep the black laced ones to avoid confusion (only a percent will show blue) Otherwise you may think you have a lavender but only a blue.. The first set of chicks should only be carrying the genes, though, not actually showing the blue :) So if that's what you have i say just keep the non-blues :)

Would make it easier to sell the "rejects" that time around too, lots of people like the blue ones

Back
Top Bottom