The EE braggers thread!!!

My first thought was Fabio when I saw the pic.
gig.gif
But he is beautiful

My husband just said he had never seen a chicken w/ a mullet before. I
smack.gif
for you.
gig.gif

Looks a lot like mine. I named him Hansel (fairy tale theme to my chickens' names) because he's Handsome.

I'd upload a photo but it's still on the camera and I have a cat purring in my arms so I can't get to it.
lol.png

CG

littlechicklet You handsome rooster has a mixed comb, a mix of a straight comb and a pea comb which means that he could be carrying the gene for blue/green egg shells. If you hens have pea combs then most of the off spring will have pea combs. In future generations straight combs may show up every now and then since the rooster does have staight comb in his genes.

Since most EE are mixes or as some say mutts, they have a big variety of comb shapes and sizes. No two will always look alike which is the difference in not being a pure breed.

Only had one EE chick hatch this week. I only had two eggs in. The other one was a 17 day quitter or so. Out of 16 eggs, only one didn't hatch. :confused:
_MG_7487.jpg
Anyway.. Here is the little cutie patootie.
_MG_7488.jpg
Check out that beard!
_MG_7490.jpg
_MG_7485.jpg
Any Ameraucana folks here? I don't like the Ameraucana thread :oops: - but want to ask if anyone knows if this is black or blue? Can you tell right at hatch?
_MG_7543.jpg
_MG_7545.jpg
_MG_7528.jpg
Splash Ameraucana bantam
_MG_7529.jpg
_MG_7513.jpg
And because this picture is too adorable not to share... Silkie
_MG_7538.jpg
Sizzle
_MG_7526.jpg
Barred Plymouth Rock. Female if colour, dot and feet are really to be trusted ;)
_MG_7521.jpg
That's what I call a defined dot!
_MG_7502.jpg
Silkie again.
_MG_7482.jpg
Naked Neck!

I vote blue but probably a dark blue- not laced...I could tell on my babies at hatch. I had one light one that ended up with dark lacing around each feather & the other that looked like this one is a dark smokey color. My black was obvious (i recently lost him to a hawk
somad.gif
).
Any Ameraucana folks here? I don't like the Ameraucana thread
hide.gif
- but want to ask if anyone knows if this is black or blue? Can you tell right at hatch?
_MG_7543.jpg

I vote blue but probably a dark blue- not laced...I could tell on my babies at hatch. I had one light one that ended up with dark lacing around each feather & the other that looked like this one is a dark smokey color. My black was obvious (i recently lost him to a hawk :mad: ).
Any Ameraucana folks here? I don't like the Ameraucana thread :oops: - but want to ask if anyone knows if this is black or blue? Can you tell right at hatch?
_MG_7543.jpg
Should have just went to the Ameraucana site. :/ They all look black compared to this blue:
I was really looking forward to blues! My roo is blue, and I have 2 black hens, a splash and a blue.
_MG_3877.jpg
My female is nicely laced
_MG_3880.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom