The Egger Flock Selection Story 2022

OMG! 8 weeks to chickies now!

Had to update. Due to the McMurray AI outbreak, we had to make a few adjustments to our order. Lost a few breeds we wanted, but I added on at the other hatchery. Here is the new order, hopefully without any more adjustments:
2 of each:
WTB
WTG
Welsummer
Lavender Orpington
Olive Egger
Speckled Sussex
Sapphire Gem
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
1 of each:
Delaware
Salmon Faverolles
Andalusian
Ancona
French Copper Marans
Columbian Wyandotte
Partridge Rock
Buff Orpington
Easter Egger
Hatching: (eggs from Meyer)
6 CCL
3 EE
3 OE

Luckily the other hatchery had Marans & Faverolles (McM lost their breeds this year). Really was excited about a White Orpington, but we still have Lavender & Buff coming! Took the Mystery Chick off of our order. I will be keeping 6 after a friend offered to help with a bigger coop build!

EIGHT MORE WEEKS!

:wee

Last edited:

Had to update. Due to the McMurray AI outbreak, we had to make a few adjustments to our order. Lost a few breeds we wanted, but I added on at the other hatchery. Here is the new order, hopefully without any more adjustments:
2 of each:
WTB
WTG
Welsummer
Lavender Orpington
Olive Egger
Speckled Sussex
Sapphire Gem
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
1 of each:
Delaware
Salmon Faverolles
Andalusian
Ancona
French Copper Marans
Columbian Wyandotte
Partridge Rock
Buff Orpington
Easter Egger
Hatching:
6 CCL
3 EE
3 OE

Luckily the other hatchery had Marans & Faverolles (McM lost their breeds this year). Really was excited about a White Orpington, but we still have Lavender & Buff coming! Took the Mystery Chick off of our order. I will be keeping 6 after a friend offered to help with a bigger coop build!

EIGHT MORE WEEKS!

Really happy you're able to get the SF's!

2 of each:
WTB
WTG
Welsummer
Lavender Orpington
Olive Egger
Speckled Sussex
Sapphire Gem
Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
1 of each:
Delaware
Salmon Faverolles
Andalusian
Ancona
French Copper Marans
Columbian Wyandotte
Partridge Rock
Buff Orpington
Easter Egger
Hatching:
6 CCL
3 EE
3 OE

EIGHT MORE WEEKS!

What hatchery did you order from? Was it meyer? Is there a reason you dont want a free chick?

What hatchery did you order from? Was it meyer? Is there a reason you dont want a free chick?
We ordered from McMurray. I have been reading it is most likely a cockerel. Since I bought a few more hatching eggs, I didn’t want one more rooster to have to rehome. I believe Meyer will send a free pullet if all you order is pullets.

We ordered from McMurray. I have been reading it is most likely a cockerel. Since I bought a few more hatching eggs, I didn’t want one more rooster to have to rehome. I believe Meyer will send a free pullet if all you order is pullets.
I thought you ordered from two hatcheries? I forgot mcmurray gives away a free chicks I know meyers does with what you order basically lol

Back
Top Bottom