The eggs, the eggs, OMG, the eggs!

Denninmi

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
I am certainly egg rich. Getting a dozen a day now, 9 chicken and 3 duck, most days.

What in the blazes to do with all the eggs?

If anyone has any good, egg-rich recipes, please feel free to post them. TIA.

Check into laws in your area and see if you can sell them at a farmers market or just a sign at the driveway. Find your local food bank or the like and give them away.

Make bread pudding and rice pudding and freeze. Make your own mayo. Make hollondaise sauce. I love egg salad sandwiches and deviled eggs. Make homemade toaster waffles or pancakes.

Maybe go to a site like Recipezaar and look through the egg recipes.

You can also freeze eggs but I'd have to research how -- I suppose you stir them up and freeze in ice cube trays for baking, but not sure, check it out.

Oh my goodness, I know what you mean! I am now getting more eggs - consistently - than I ever have before. And what surprises me is that it's winter!

I bought a toaster/egg poacher combo off of Amazon.com. Every morning I eat an egg sandwich. I make quiche once a week. We make a stuffed french toast sometimes, which is a piece of french toast, a layer of sliced bananas, then another layer of french toast. Grill on both sides until done. It is soooo good!

I make red beet eggs, which is a Pennsylvania Dutch thing. My DH eats them by the boatload. I haven't made deviled eggs lately, but I usually take a bunch for parties we're invited to.

I'm getting ready to go make a coconut custard pie with some toasted coconut I bought at the bulk store today. I may throw in some chocolate chips to see how it tastes.

I too am also always looking for different egg-rich recipes. Trust me, however, I am so very happy about the eggs. I figure there are so many hungry people out there, that I can't possibly complain about the abundance that I pluck fresh from the nest every day.

I do also give away and sell some of my eggs to friends and family.

frittata..an italian omelette. Uses about 9 eggs... scramble in a bowl and set aside. Open a can of italian seasoned tomatos and drain well in a strainer. In an oven safe skillet, saute one of frozen onion/pepper seasoning mixed bags or dice fresh onions and peppers. Remove from pan and cook a pound package of breakfast sausage or sliced smoked sausage until fully done and drain the fat off. Mix all of this in the bowl with the scrambled eggs, add the drained tomatoes and as much shredded cheese as you like.. i usualy use at least a cup. Pour into that well greased oven safe skillet and cook it over the stove, stirring and scraping from the bottom. When it starts to get good and solid on the bottom, finish it in a 350 oven till brown on top and fully set all the way through. Whomp it out while still warm onto a cutting board and slice it like a pizza..serve with crusty french bread or home made biscuits for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Its one of my families favorites.

also:
pound cake
custards
quiche
egg breads

Cream Puffs and Brioche!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom