The EMERGENCY Thread!!!

Pics
Quote: While I think this thread is a good idea, I am finding it very hard to keep up with all of the people posting about their sick chickens. So for those reading this, I strongly suggest that when you post here that you also start a new thread here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/threads/add/forumId/10

In that thread please answer all of these questions shown in this post. The more info we have, the better our replies will be. Post below is from here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/3569/have-an-emergency-disease-please-read-first

-Kathy

Last edited:
New emergency

My approximately 6 month old hen Amelia has me concerned. Her abdomen? is huge and distended. I brought her in today and soaked her in Epsom salt bath. Then I took these photos. I am not sure what to do. I have seen posts where people have had to drain fluid but not sure if this is what I should do. She is eating and drinking. Not sure if she is laying. She was in the box a couple of days ago but don't know for sure if she laid. Before I returned her to the flock, I injected her with baytril. Any advice would surely be appreciated. I will not be taking her to a vet. I just spent $600 on another chicken who ended up having to be euthanized. She does not seem to be suffering at this point.
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

New emergency

My approximately 6 month old hen Amelia has me concerned. Her abdomen? is huge and distended. I brought her in today and soaked her in Epsom salt bath. Then I took these photos. I am not sure what to do. I have seen posts where people have had to drain fluid but not sure if this is what I should do. She is eating and drinking. Not sure if she is laying. She was in the box a couple of days ago but don't know for sure if she laid. Before I returned her to the flock, I injected her with baytril. Any advice would surely be appreciated. I will not be taking her to a vet. I just spent $600 on another chicken who ended up having to be euthanized. She does not seem to be suffering at this point.
[/URL]
Does it feel like fluid? If so you could drain the fluid and see how she does.

-Kathy

New emergency

[/URL]

Could it be Waterbelly/Acites?

Back
Top Bottom