1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

the ER again?!?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickensducks&agoose, Sep 8, 2010.

1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

my DS managed to leap face first onto the lowest bleacher after soccer practice. Smashed across his nose, and managed to bleed profusely from both nostrils, while we took him and his crazy swollen lopsided nose to the ER for xrays. I swear, this is his 5th head xray. he's only 7! i think he's had 2 x-rays that weren't head injuries... he's probably not broken, we'll know tomorrow.

2. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Oh no.......hope he's ok! Don't those head injuries bleed!

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Yikes! If it's any consolation, a lot of us finally outgrew the clumsy, accident-prone stage, and are now merely awkward.

I hope he's all better, soon!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Better put that young'un in full safety gear! Helmet, elbow pads, knee pads and a back-up warning system! Alas, tell him he's not the only kid to get so banged up-I was always straining a tendon, breaking a bone. My brother for some reason was always getting some sort of head injury-maybe boys are more prone to head trauma? And, while watching hdtv on a giant plasma screen you'll see all these famous actors with various tiny scars from childhood accidents!

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Poor guy! I have just the opposite. DS's had the occasional scrape but DD is more than making up for it. She has a scar on nearly every limb. Egads, these kids will give ya a nervous breakdown! [​IMG]

6. chicknduck

chicknduck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Ohio
    I hope he is ok.

7. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    I am familiar with every ER within this and the next 5 counties. Learned to check travel routes and destinations for ER availability. Last visit with DS was last week, he went to a new one for me two counties down. *sigh* more gray hairs.

He has even learned NOT to start any phone conversation with "Mom, I'm fine..." This one started with the hey, what'cha doin'?, could you come down to school and pick me up? I kinda laid the motorcycle down. *bigger sigh* He's fine, caught himself almost entirely on the palms of his hands. [​IMG] No gloves. Lucky, relatively light damage but I'm still driving him everywhere.

He started the bloody trauma at eight months old when he clipped his chin on a chair and bit entirely through the center of his tongue.

I have two of these - Mom says its revenge for how I was...

[​IMG]

8. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

He's doing okay, has seasonal allergies, and sneezed again this morning, and sneezed out a bunch of brownish bloody junk, i think his sinuses are just filled with old blood. gross. He is looking much better though, and didn't get black eyes which is a relief for me. back to driving me crazy! I swear, i'm never letting him drive, Jeez, i can barely look away from him for a second without him mangling himself.

9. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    Quote:But some of us didn't (says the woman who managed to get kicked in the elbow by a horse and perform a spectacular bicycle crash within the same week in August [​IMG]), and have learned that as long as you can still move most of your limbs, it's just too expensive to keep going to the ER. (we need an embarrassed smiley to put right here!)

If he's back to driving you nuts today then he must be feeling better - but ouchy! Sounds like it really must have hurt!

10. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Holy Moses. DS gets nosebleeds when it's too dry, but nothing like that.

You're a stronger person than I am.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by