The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Yesterday, we had an accident while cutting down a not very large tree. It twisted, the butt end snapped up and back down, coming down on my right shoulder, knocking me flat on my back. My left leg folded under me and I knew it was bad when I was finally able to sit up. Thought it was my knee, but when the ambulance came (couldn't even butt-walk up the few feet to the driveway), they knew my leg was broken. Turns out both bones in my leg are broken just below the knee. According to the ortho guy they consulted at the ER, may be able to recover without surgery because the bones were not displaced, miraculously. It's in an immobilizer until I go to the ortho on Tuesday. So, seems I'm out of commission until I can get around and sit at my computer. This laptop is super slow and typing is not easy at the moment.
And to add insult to injury, it tore a big hole in the back of my favorite BYC t-shirt! 😭

I feel very blessed that it wasn't worse. Could have been so, so much worse. Thank you for the prayers! Much appreciated.
Oh Cynthia I am so sorry, glad you are ok. I also had a small accident but no where near as bad as yours. Messed up my knee gained my big dog dog around the ring. Hear something pop. This body just ain’t what is used to be.

Cynthia, very sorry to hear about what happened. Yes, it could have been so much worse. Your guardian angel was looking after you for sure. You'll be down, and out for awhile, and it will seem to take forever while going through it, but you will get through it, and be as good as new when you do.

A word of advice: Stop picking on the trees. They don't take it kindly, and they're so much bigger than you. Trees are something I suggest hiring professionals.

Back
Top Bottom