The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Isaiah, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I agree with Cynthia, it does look like she has a gentle soul. You can see it in her eyes, so content, kind, and most of all happy. I can see you have given her a good life. My thoughts are with you, I know how difficult this time is.

Thanks everyone. Anyone who thinks all pit bulls are nasty has never met her. She might only be 3/4 pitty but still. We actually had a person ask a few years ago if we would consider putting her down because of her pit bull influence. They were worried she would attack them. Wanna know how many people she has bitten? Zero. Zilch. None. But people can't get over the bad stories they hear.

ETA some people have no boundaries these days.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. We were hesitant to put her down cause we thought she might have longer but she started falling over when she attempts to walk now. It's is sad but we just gotta remember the good things! My grandma got her as a puppy from my aunt right before she died. After she died the dog went to live with our aunt for awhile and then she came here!

The picture of her digging in the water is from when we were at Lake Superior collecting agates and she decided she want to collect rocks too! So she would go dig out a bigger rock and bring it to us!
What a lovely sweet expression! She looks more Labrador than Pit bull. And your family has given her a wonderful happy life. As one who is going through the same decisions with yet another of my dogs, I feel for you, Isaiah.
hugs.gif
x2

Cyn I agree. Any breed can be nasty. And IMHO it's not just the dogs fault. People who bred Pits for fighting or to be nasty to anything that gets close are partially to blame. It's in some dogs genetics ig.

Rob Thank you. She does kinda have a sweet expression in those pics. She is always a happy dog especially when she is with "her kids". She is a Pitty Lab cross. Was told 3/4 Pit but you can't believe everyone now days. So she could be half. She doesn't have that heavy Pit look but who knows.

Truly, they just don't live long enough for us, do they?

Speaking of age, I'm having a crisis. My older son is turning 40 years old on April 8. Now, when he was a teenager, folks mistook me for his sister or once, his wife (yeah, he was NOT amused!). Do I look like I have a 40 year old son, for cripes sake? I mean, nobody mistakes me for his sister anymore, but geez, his wife is only 11 years younger than I am! To be fair, I was a teenage bride, but still, my son will be FORTY YEARS OLD!

Is this the face of the mother of a 40 year old? If you think so, you can just keep it to yourself, ha!

That is crazy, you look really good. Age is but a number. I am turning 50 this year, that seems like a milestone which I have earned through perseverance. You have a kind and happy face, which matches you kind and happy personality. Thank you for sharing.

That is crazy, you look really good. Age is but a number. I am turning 50 this year, that seems like a milestone which I have earned through perseverance. You have a kind and happy face, which matches you kind and happy personality. Thank you for sharing.

X2 You're truly beautiful, inside and out!

You two are so sweet. I'm just having trouble believing this much time has gone by. Anybody know how to slow it down? LOL

Back
Top Bottom