~The Forests of Avalon, A Dragon Roleplay~ 2

"The name's Karen, but what I want to know is who you are and who you're fighting with." Karen took a few more steps, allowing her full, rather impressive size to come into view. Even at about 50 yards, she already had to angle her head down some to look at Tanis because of. how much Karen dwarfed her.

Tanis narrowed her eyes in thought, she wasn't particularly frightened of Karen despite the obvious size difference. She was a trained warrior, not a sniveling coward. Size only mattered if you had the training to back it up, and many times it served as a detriment as it slowed an attacker down. "My name is Tanis." She replied evenly, her voice neither bold, nor intimidated. "I serve under Camilla of Pelendava."

Otulissa chuckled softly again. "I'm afraid my best would crush you like a mere insect in a matter of seconds. I'll go easy on you, just to make things a bit more fun for the both of us." She unfurled her wings and in a single swift motion, lifted herself into the air. Her sleek, lithe body allowed her to navigate the raging, unpredictable shredder-like winds easier. She flew around in a slow, steady circle above Amatis, going a little bit higher with each spiral. "C'mon," she coaxed, "come and get me." She flashed a mocking, irritating smile, before it reverted back to its usual pleasant expression.

Finny let out a screech, ducking just in time to avoid nerve damage. But she wasn't quick enough to avoid getting a few scales sliced off, and the adrenaline pumped throughout her body harder. She flapped her wings fiercely, slapping Mayella while at the same time, trying to get aloft but with the shredders, it was tough.

Tisep cocked her head to the side, pondering for a minute before she shrugged. "Oh, you mean Silvanus? Dunno, haven't seen him in a long time. But I think Otulissa saw him with some girl called Adeline before this whole fiasco started, she might know."

Amatis drew back her lips and followed easily, her wings beating with sharp, precise movements as she climbed. As Otulissa circled just above, Amatis angled her wings in the opposite direction and spiraled opposite to her opponent, about 50 feet below. Every few seconds they would fly past the other when their circles met as each ascended higher and higher into the clouds.

Mayella whipped her head in the other direction so that her face wasn't being pounded by Finny's wings, and instinctively shut her eyes. She pushed herself backwards and out of Finny's reach, momentarily falling through the air as her wings faltered for a second. Once she regained her balance and stopped falling, she gave several hard, powerful flaps of her wings to catch up with Finny and lunged for her leg from underneath.

Adeline? Camilla wondered to herself, carefully maintaining a neutral expression on the outside as her mind whirled around this news. Adeline had been sent to get information regarding Caronia, specifically the killer, so she must have already determined that this 'Silvanus' was the culprit. All she needed now what was locate the pair of them, perhaps with another warrior just to be safe, and between the three of them they could easily finish him off. "Do you think you could ask for me? It is imperative that I find him, and this Adeline. Their whereabouts are of the upmost importance to me."

Tanis narrowed her eyes in thought, she wasn't particularly frightened of Karen despite the obvious size difference. She was a trained warrior, not a sniveling coward. Size only mattered if you had the training to back it up, and many times it served as a detriment as it slowed an attacker down. "My name is Tanis." She replied evenly, her voice neither bold, nor intimidated. "I serve under Camilla of Pelendava."

Karen became noticeably calmed and relieved when Tanis stated her alligence to Pelendava. "Good, we're on the same side.

Karen became noticeably calmed and relieved when Tanis stated her alligence to Pelendava. "Good, we're on the same side.

Tanis didn't relax her threatening stance, she didn't know Karen from Pelendava, certainly not as a warrior sent into battle by Camilla. So how could they be on the same side? "Same side?" She echoed. "What do you mean? You're not from Pelendava..."

Jasper looked away to hide the flash of hurt that crossed his eyes and kneaded the ground with his claws. He wished things could have been different between them, like it had when she hadn't known about Caronia... and before he had tried to kill her. All he knew now, though, was that no matter which side she was on, he couldn't bring himself to hurt her. "I'm sorry Frill," he looked back at her. "Really... I am. If I could take it back I would... I swear on whats left of my heart that I'm not lying." On the ground beside him Maggie began to stir, and he knew he didn't have much time before she woke. "Take care of yourself, okay? Please don't do anything stupid..." He looked at her with a pained expression, and took a few more steps back away from her into the dark forest, quickly vanishing under the cover of the trees.

"Frill?" Maggie croaked, her eyes fluttering open. "Who was that?"

Frill snorted as he disappeared into the wood, eyebrows knit in agitation and fear.
Fear of what was happening above them and of what Jasper was doing. She didn't want to trust him again, whatever he claimed.
The ba-doodle.... She thought, if someone else doesn't kill yo--
Now fully conscious Maggie broke Frill's train of thought with the question, drawing her back to the reality of things.
"I don't know, Maggie, not yet" Frill said, taking a step closer to her so she was standing only a half a foot from her side, "Can you stand? Is there anything broken?"

Frill snorted as he disappeared into the wood, eyebrows knit in agitation and fear.
Fear of what was happening above them and of what Jasper was doing. She didn't want to trust him again, whatever he claimed.
The ba-doodle.... She thought, if someone else doesn't kill yo--
Now fully conscious Maggie broke Frill's train of thought with the question, drawing her back to the reality of things.
"I don't know, Maggie, not yet" Frill said, taking a step closer to her so she was standing only a half a foot from her side, "Can you stand? Is there anything broken?"

Branches whipped as his face as Jasper clawed his way up through the dense foliage and into the open air where he could finally spread his wings. Bloody trees, he cursed, jerking a thorn out of his cheek. The sudden noise of the battle was a nice distraction, one which he welcomed almost warmly as a chance to stop thinking about Frill. She should mean nothing to him anymore, no more then any warrior in Pelendava. But she did, and he could help glancing back once at the small patch of cleared forest where he could barely make out the shapes of her and Maggie still on the ground.

Maggie shook her head and rose to a half sitting position. "No, I...I just hit my head I think. How long was I out? What happened?"

Branches whipped as his face as Jasper clawed his way up through the dense foliage and into the open air where he could finally spread his wings. Bloody trees, he cursed, jerking a thorn out of his cheek. The sudden noise of the battle was a nice distraction, one which he welcomed almost warmly as a chance to stop thinking about Frill. She should mean nothing to him anymore, no more then any warrior in Pelendava. But she did, and he could help glancing back once at the small patch of cleared forest where he could barely make out the shapes of her and Maggie still on the ground.

Taking advantage of his brief lapse of attention, Emory dove at Jasper from above. He was slightly smaller then his opponent, but not by much, both dragons seemed fairly evenly matched when you counted the row of venom laced spikes that ran down his own back. He hit Jasper with the speed and momentum of a small boulder and drove his claws into the thin membrane of Jasper's wings to drag him off balance.

Taking advantage of his brief lapse of attention, Emory dove at Jasper from above. He was slightly smaller then his opponent, but not by much, both dragons seemed fairly evenly matched when you counted the row of venom laced spikes that ran down his own back. He hit Jasper with the speed and momentum of a small boulder and drove his claws into the thin membrane of Jasper's wings to drag him off balance.

Jasper let out a screech that was comprised of a mixture of pain, surprise and anger. He felt himself rolling sideways with the added weight of Emory so high on his back, and despite his superb flying abilities, his wings were unable to sustain level flight after the impact. With a grunt of what sounded like annoyance, he tucked in one wing while leaving the other out to emphasize the result he was looking for, and encouraged the sudden roll. It certainly wasn't a maneuver he was fond of, spinning made him dizzy after too long, but while the pair of them spiraled rapidly through the sky he hoped that the centrifugal force would eventually throw Emory off.

Amatis drew back her lips and followed easily, her wings beating with sharp, precise movements as she climbed. As Otulissa circled just above, Amatis angled her wings in the opposite direction and spiraled opposite to her opponent, about 50 feet below. Every few seconds they would fly past the other when their circles met as each ascended higher and higher into the clouds.

Mayella whipped her head in the other direction so that her face wasn't being pounded by Finny's wings, and instinctively shut her eyes. She pushed herself backwards and out of Finny's reach, momentarily falling through the air as her wings faltered for a second. Once she regained her balance and stopped falling, she gave several hard, powerful flaps of her wings to catch up with Finny and lunged for her leg from underneath.

Adeline? Camilla wondered to herself, carefully maintaining a neutral expression on the outside as her mind whirled around this news. Adeline had been sent to get information regarding Caronia, specifically the killer, so she must have already determined that this 'Silvanus' was the culprit. All she needed now what was locate the pair of them, perhaps with another warrior just to be safe, and between the three of them they could easily finish him off. "Do you think you could ask for me? It is imperative that I find him, and this Adeline. Their whereabouts are of the upmost importance to me."

Otulissa picked up speed carefully, purposely flashing her tail around the clouds to taunt her. She did a loopdeloop to taunt her even more, "you gonna come and get me or what?" She sneered, before picking up to her highest speed, appearing as a mere brown blur. The unpredictable and potentially dangerous shredder winds howled, and Otulissa flew this way and that, as flying at such a high speed in such strong, unpredictable winds was tough, even for her.

Finny tried to kick at Mayella with the same leg, but a rogue gust of wind from the shredders threw her off, and she missed. She tumbled in the air as the rogue gust battered her, but she used her tail to get back on balance. She threw herself at Mayella, talons unsheathed as she used the wind battering her from behind to increase her speed and strength.

"Uh, alright," she looked up in the distance, seeing Otulissa's trademark brown tail flashing in and out of the clouds with lightning speed and swiftness, "that might be a bit tough, though." She said, her eyes flicking over to look at Amatis. She unfurled her wings and flew towards them, her wings flapping frantically as she struggled to fly in the rough wind.

Tanis didn't relax her threatening stance, she didn't know Karen from Pelendava, certainly not as a warrior sent into battle by Camilla. So how could they be on the same side? "Same side?" She echoed. "What do you mean? You're not from Pelendava..."
"Well, I guess technically I'm not a citizen of Pelendava. I'm mostly a wanderer, although if I had to stand and fight for one side or the other I would choose Pelendava in a heartbeat because they are not corrupt like Caronia. I've made it my life's mission to search the forests and care for any young dragon in need that I find, but that's beside the point. What's going on here?" Her large, powerful tail swayed absent-mindedly from side to side behind her as she spoke.

Back
Top Bottom