The fortress is nearly complete!

Pretty darn nice. With all those nest boxes how many chickens did you plan on having????? or is that like a woman that has shoes for everyday of the week, plus...... lol.

Looks like you posted the "thumbnails" you can get larger picture if you post "image." Now, I'm wondering. Is one side aluminum? Very interesting how the doors/vents are hidden like that.

I like to have extra nest boxes. Carpenter #1 threatened to build more smaller ones for the bantams he insists I have. crj thanks for your help. Once my computer started behaving normally, I was able to access my uploads in a normal fashion. Hopefully I can continue to post photos.

Quote:
blueawework.gif

Great Pics... but if the chickens are anything like mine.....they all use the same nest box for laying.....if it's good for one egg..."why not mine" !!!!
I've had 2-3 try to crowd into the same box....there are 5 more nest boxes all in a row all clean, ready to use, but.....
so for now we collect all eggs out of the one nest box, no matter how much or how little nesting material is in that one. That one can be almost bare of shavings, and the rest will be clean & ready to "go" but there are all the eggs in the same nest box (end one) all the time. I've even put/moved eggs in other boxes...doesn't make a difference...they all use the single box.!
Go figure (chicken brains??)
Jim Brown
Lockport NY

Quote:
Sounds like my bunch of girls as well. I have about 80 laying hens and about 25 nesting boxes. Guess how many nesting boxes they use? 8 !!!!!At any time, I can find 12 eggs in 1 nesting box. Go Figure.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom