The FOX I killed 2 weeks ago came back today....*Pics of Dead Animal*

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by LittleChickenRacingTeam, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    In addition,
    for those who don't want to see or hear graphic details, doesn't it make sense
    to stay out of "Predators and Pests".

Not trying to agrue but this thread was orginially posted in Me, My Chickens, My Family not in Predators and Pests.

There are so many wishy washy posts on this board that have nothing at all
    to do with chickens. I personally don't like these posts

Me, My Chickens, My Family section is for threads that may not have anything to do with chickens. I post things about myself, my company, my family and my many other pets in that section all the time. Like you said, if you don't like hearing about animals being killed then stay out of the Predators and Pests section, and if YOU don't like to hear about other members nonchicken stories and such then stay out of Me, My Chickens, My Family section.

I wish this topic would be closed!!!​

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  2. serendipity22

serendipity22 Songster

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    I'm just curious as to if the owner of the horse took him to court.

I hope he had to pay some sort of restitutions to the owner. [​IMG]

That's all I'm saying... [​IMG]

I've had loose horses on my property and I just caught them and put them in my round ring. Definitely didn't size them up for the freezer... [​IMG]

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD

Alrite, maybe this topic should go back to the OP's main topic.

4. homecatmom

homecatmom Songster

If people don't like the direction that a thread is taking, there is always the option of backing out of it and not going back into that thread. You cannot be forced to read something you don't want. Even if something you find offensive is in the wrong "section" just don't read it.

5. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:I think the problem was not that it was in the "wrong section" but the title had no type of graphic (dead animal) warning. If you're going to post a picture of a dead animal which some people don't want to see then post that there's a dead animal picture in the title.

A lot of people didn't know what the thread was about until they clicked on it and holy crap there's a dead animal looking right at you! Most of us thought it was a thread about a funny story because it wasn't in the predators and pest section!

6. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Songster

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    [​IMG] Come on get real !!!! Who thought that a Fox killed would come and resurect itself? And I cant believe we are talking about a dead horse!!!! And the only ones who want this thread closed is the ones who dont like em for shoooting a horse....Quit huanting the guy your selves!!!SHeesh!! The word Killed should tell you enough.

7. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    In the wrong section this thread easily looked like it could have been a funny story or a funny JOKE!!!!

NOBODY thought that it was a for real story about a fox coming back from the dead!!! You get real!

I swear I'm done with this thread and possibly this site because I'm getting tired of STPUID S**T.

Triple [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] TO YOU!!!!!

8. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Songster

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    I am sorry Southern Chick, but I feel as though you were trying to hang someone for a whole nother thread. It was off topic. No I dont think it was right for him to shoot a horse. But I think he was right in killing a Fox, regardless of what he had done with it after wards. And I dont know if it is my computer but I can only see "from the taxidermist." and the very top half of the picture. If that is what everyone else sees then you had plenty of time to get out of the thread. But you imediatley started in throwing blows about a whole different thread, I felt that was wrong. I see a lot of things on BYC that I dont like, and I have gotten into some heated debats. But I dont seek out people and then bash them for something they did or said on a whole nother thread. MAny of you attacked my political beliefs on a threads on political elections. I didnt like it and i choose to stay out of it. I would have stayed out of this one two except I felt it nesscary to step foward and say ", Hey give the guy some slack, and that the thread had gotten t far off topic. And that I felt the guy was literally being hung for a whole nother topic which isnt right. I dont plan on hunting you down for triple [​IMG] me. And I am sorry if you plan on leaving BYC Because of this. You have been very helpful to me a lot in the past. But Everyone must know by now I tell things like I see them. I am Honest, I strive to be that. And I am tired of people flipping out about small things, or from what I saw as a witch hunt. It wasnt fair to dig up old news to throw it in his face.

9. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:
    My first post on this thread was in a joking manner. I asked if he got the horse stuffed too. Was that trying to "hang" him? No! I never even pointed out the other thread for people to read!

Also I have road runner high speed internet so I don't have to wait for a picture to load. As soon as I clicked on the thread the picture was there. All I've said was there should have been a graphic picture warning in the topic and the topic was in the wrong section. The title of the thread sounded (to me) like the begining of a joke!

I never brought up the horse thread!!! If it makes everyone feel better I'll delete the JOKE I made in the beginning of this thread.

10. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    I have been a member of this message board for some time now and I have made over 1500 post so far. I consider everyone on here my friends and I have never said anything ill mannered to anyone.

I'm really upset right now that I'm being accused of attacking someone. I have on other threads asked that the person put a "graphic pic" warning on threads that have images that may be offensive to others.

I feel like a teenager in high school that has just been in a fight with a friend. I feel physically ill over this. I in no way attacked or "hung" the person that posted this.

I made a joke...a simple joke. I have had many threads where people have joked with me and I never thought they were trying to hurt me by the joke. I've already deleted that post but this is word for word what I said, "Aren't you the one who shot a neighbors horse? Did you get him stuffed too?" The author of this thread even joked back about it.

I feel I did nothing wrong and it hurts me that I'm being accused of doing something wrong.

I'd hate to have to leave this message board but I feel that my reputation as a good person on here has been distroyed. I really enjoy this site but I do not appreciate being told that I'm "hanging" someone when I did no such of a thing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: