The garden is in the ground!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gumpsgirl, Apr 26, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    The garden is finally planted!!! Hooray! Hooray! I told my DH I could do it by myself, and I did! I'm so proud of my efforts. [​IMG] Now I am crossing my fingers that it comes up! [​IMG] All that labor would be pretty unimpressive to my DH if it doesn't. [​IMG]

2. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    What did you plant?

3. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Congrats on getting your garden planted.

I have been planting our garden to. I can't wait to we start getting vegtables. My hands hurt so bad, its hard to type.

4. Portia

Portia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    Congratulations! I tilled mine up and started planting yesterday; hoping for rain today or else I'm gonna have to get out there and water.

5. 4F FARM

4F FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    North Idaho
    The snow is finally melting over my plot. I can hardly wait until the ground warms up enough to plant.

6. wefanjr

wefanjr Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2007
    MA
    I planted my garden in raised boxes today, finally. And I Spring cleaned my coup. Very productive day.

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I planted spinach, cabbage, carrots, onions, zucchini squash, cucumbers, beans, peas, corn, pumpkins (for the chickens!), radishes, cantaloupe, sunflowers, and birdhouse gourds (for fun!). Shew! That was a mouthful! [​IMG]

8. scrapmom5

scrapmom5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Utah
    Hey Gumpsgirl:

I am jealous. i wanted to plant my garden today and ended up under the weather. I guess that means we will all end up at your place for the harves meal. [​IMG][​IMG]

Just make sure you watch the weeds and watering. I also fertilize about every three weeks.

Enjoy the fruits of your labors.

9. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Well done! I wish I had more than just lettuce planted. I did get my asparagus weeded today - finally!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by