The girls have grown

BigBassLJP

In the Brooder
Jul 13, 2017
Here are some new pics since the flock has grown. I know the white one is a roo, he doesn't shut up. I don't know much about chicken breeds but I was told he was a silkie. The black and brown one (Toodles) someone suggested was a polish but it has feathered feet. It's the coolest chicken I've ever seen. Since her afro covers her eyes, she is easier for the kids to catch. I have no idea what the black one is. It's just a pretty generic black chicken with black feet.
IMG_1145.JPG
IMG_1146.JPG
IMG_1147.JPG
IMG_1148.JPG

I don't know what the black one is, but the other two are silkie crosses. The brown one could be a silkie/polish mix. The white one could be a silkie/cochin mix.

The white one is a cockerel.

Last edited:
The white one is a cockerel, looks like a silkie/Cochin cross. The brown one looks like a pullet, could be a silkier silkie/polish mix, but I'm thinking there would be more head feathers. Could be Cochin on that one too. The black one looks kind of like an Austrolorp. She's a pullet.

Her feathers are green in the sunlight for sure. I'm pretty sure the other two are all kind of confused lol. The chicken lady down the street that the kids got them from has all kinds of mixed up chickens.

If you get better pictures of the black one (hopefully photos that will enlarge) we may be able to hone in on a breed. Need to see head front showing any comb, and natural standing side profile to see shape etc.

Back
Top Bottom