The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
I candled and set the eggs. One of the Blue Wyandotte eggs had cracks all over the top. I am not bothering with it so it is not going to be incubated.

These are my eggs from the tissue packed shipment:

Ron, What do use to mark on your eggs? It looks very visible.

Dan

Hi Dan,

They came that way--It looks like a fine point sharpie. Most use pencil but the sharpie should not hurt the egg and it is very visible.

Happy Easter!
Yes I had heard that a lead pencil was the thing to use but if that fine point sharpie does not hurt anything it is much more visible, especially for old eyes!

Happy Easter to you!

Dan

[COLOR=800000]Which one is it?[/COLOR]
I have just found this thread and have made it to page 9 of 28. I am thrilled to be here. Can't wait to finish what has been written so far and LEARN! But Wisher, this last comment cracked me up.
1f423.png
Carrying right along......

you and me both hoping I can remember everything will candle again and pull anymore that need it. honestly this being my first hatch using shipped eggs and an lg I will be on cloud 9 if I can get 1 to hatch.

Quote: Welcome aboard, Cellarat!

Hello, Peeps! Y'all know me, always thinking. I am sending out a box of eggs this morning with a new experiment. I washed out tin cans from making soup last night and inserted the bubble wrapped eggs inside. I am hoping that the cans will protect each egg. I only did three and added them outside of the inside box (make sense?) I realize that it will add weight and therefore add cost to the shipping but if I am ordering six, high-dollar, rare, or expensive, eggs, I would be willing to pay the extra to know my eggs would arrive safely. I will ask the recipient to report here or will do so myself when I hear. Now, to address the vibration issue.................

Last edited:
Wow!
pop.gif

Welcome aboard, Cellarat!

Hello, Peeps! Y'all know me, always thinking. I am sending out a box of eggs this morning with a new experiment. I washed out tin cans from making soup last night and inserted the bubble wrapped eggs inside. I am hoping that the cans will protect each egg. I only did three and added them outside of the inside box (make sense?) I realize that it will add weight and therefore add cost to the shipping but if I am ordering six, high-dollar, rare, or expensive, eggs, I would be willing to pay the extra to know my eggs would arrive safely. I will ask the recipient to report here or will do so myself when I hear. Now, to address the vibration issue.................

Back
Top Bottom