The gross truth about ducks...

Quote:
If you've ever had to care for a kid under the age of 2 without being grossed out, you can care for a duck. They can be equally disgusting. People put up with both because the positives greatly outweigh the negatives.
wink.png

Quote:
And you have ducks in the house, why? ROFL!!!!! I love your duck stories; I was surprised this one had nothing to do with Victor. He seems to be the one with the most personality of all of them. I'm still having to wait to get my own ducks, one of our cats needs some dental work
hmm.png

The nastier looking/smelling the puddle, the more likely they will want to dabble in it. I'm convinced that they believe any puddle they can't see the bottom of is full of worms and peas.
lol.png

Quote:
And you have ducks in the house, why? ROFL!!!!! I love your duck stories; I was surprised this one had nothing to do with Victor. He seems to be the one with the most personality of all of them. I'm still having to wait to get my own ducks, one of our cats needs some dental work
hmm.png

If we told everyone all of our silly duck stories, we'd never have time to get any work done.
lol.png

Victor tends to get into the most comical situations, but they all have pretty strong personalities. I get the feeling in the coming months Norie will be the subject of many stories. She's so neurotic and codependent. Yesterday she escaped the pen that she shares with Moxy and sneaked into the big one with the other 4 ducks. We have no idea how she pulled that one off... She must be much better at flying than we thought.

I have read through all 19 pages and thought this was a very informative thread for reasons on not getting ducks. I WAS toying with the idea of getting a couple of ducks... but now I don't think so. They are adorable but the squirting poop and vomit are enough to cure me of that "want".
sickbyc.gif

If I am cleaning out the ducklings brooder and there is any excess nasty water that hasnt been absorbed at the bottom when I get all the wood chips out, THAT is what they want to drink...

Dont kno what # wer up to now but ive had so much fun reading these, ive got 3 khaki campbells, 1 aylesbury and 1 mallard...

** they love nothing more than watching me struggling with a big pile of fresh straw for their bed, get under my feet and as soon as i put it in their box they have gone in quacking like nutters and rummage around in it looking for i dont know what and arent happy till they have kicked all the fresh clean new straw out of their box!

my babies are in the porch. They will be a week old tomorrow. Last night they got a great big blow up pool for a new home. They loved it. They were running and zipping and pooping.. My hubby got up about 4 am and there were 6 baby ducks in the kitchen floor. They had popped the pool somehow and escaped. They were pretty chilled tho. Now they are back in a BOX and sunning themselves under the lamp. Needless to say, I could follow their trail as they wandered this morning. I had to clean and mop floors before work.

I have 6 little wonders that are a week old and 5 supposed to hatch in two weeks. I am going to be duckie rich. I agree they are messy and nasty and I LOVE them. I do not let them in the house however. MY ducks are outside ducks... after they get older that is. They are in the porch now and will be till they are a month or so old.

Back
Top Bottom