The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Bill Post (NYReds) had the BB RIR pullet at the Ohio show that's right now, LOL

you guys 'bout got me all messed up on here I think I''ll take a break for the rest of the evening

Jeff
duc.gif
Hey Jeff ;you are okay. Don't get all mixed up. I can do that easy enough mysellf. lol

RIR facebook page I didn't type this one LOL below

Bill Fox
Ohio National results
Bantams BB and RB went to don Dennis Meyers with singlecombs
BV and RV went to Mike Stickler on rosecombs
Largefowl BB was Bill Fox on a SC pullet
RB went to Cross Wins Farm on a RC pullet

RIR facebook page I didn't type this one LOL below

Bill Fox
Ohio National results
Bantams BB and RB went to don Dennis Meyers with singlecombs
BV and RV went to Mike Stickler on rosecombs
Largefowl BB was Bill Fox on a SC pullet
RB went to Cross Wins Farm on a RC pullet
I wasn't on there for a few hours so I didn't see it on there but I figured someone on there would know. lol
Thanks you guys. It's good to know. lol
You got it right now and that is all that matters. If we can straighten up our mistakes. yipppppeeeeee

Hey Fred. it's all okay now. lol
Jim

Lowes sells fancy plywood that has grooves to interlock, it is thick stuff. But the groves are not thick and they get damaged easily by the forklifts in the store. Our lowes leaves the damaged ones on the shelf but when asked, they will sell them for $10 each instead of the almost $30. Then there are the piles of 2 x 4 x 8 #2 wood pieces that are just under $3 each. If you have a way to cut the plywood, you can make some cheap doghouse style chicken coops that have a door opening into your 8 x 8 area. If you make a 4*4 sleeping area only coop to connect to the 8 x 8 pen it should house 5 chickens. It would take 3 pieces of plywood, a pair of hinges, less than 6 of the #2 2x4x8 wood, and a cheap milk crate or free bucket for a nest. $30 for the plywood, $20 for the 2x4x8 wood, $10 or less for hinges and a latch. Less than $75 total including tax. Cheap but it would be only a night time coop it would not really house them during the day if they did not want to go out and play in the snow
Never snows here. lol If it does it only will last a day. They are outside all year from sunup to sundown. 365 days a year. The only time they go in the house is to roost or nest.

Back
Top Bottom