The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

It is good to see that they at least go out in the snow. Last year the production hens I had would not leave the coop if they saw snow. It made for a real mess in the coop and cabin fever issues too.
All of my chickens run out in the rain in the winter. The last time we had snow was more than 10 years ago and it was gone in a couple of hours.

It would be fun to see them in the snow. I would get lots of pictures of it since it would be a once in a decade event.

All of my chickens run out in the rain in the winter. The last time we had snow was more than 10 years ago and it was gone in a couple of hours.

It would be fun to see them in the snow. I would get lots of pictures of it since it would be a once in a decade event.
This came down between 2 and 6 AM Tuesday. It is melting a little today but it will be a few more days. It was 20 degrees last night and supposed to be 22 tonight. The older I get the more I dislike this cold weather. I don't mind the snow as bad as the cold but I wouldn't want the 90+ weather all the time in the summer either. I hate to try and work outside with the sweat running and dripping in my glasses. Oh my, just seems that I am so hard to please. lol Not really, I don't complain to much about anything. I just thank God that we aren't having what the poor folks are going through in the other parts of the country. That would be so terrible. I don't just love everything in life but I still try to find the good in it. Thankful for everything I have especially my gorgeous red birds. lol And I do love chatting with all my BYC family, now how about that one. ha,ha,ha.
Jim

I don't like the 90+ days either. The only way I can deal is by constantly going through a sprinkler or hose. Sometimes a dip in the pool. And it is a pain with glasses as they fog when I go back into my beloved ac. The fogging glasses and having to constantly clean off the spots on the lenses are the two main reasons I started wearing contacts. But contacts have their downfalls including dry eyes and itching when in dusty areas like a coop.

I don't like the 90+ days either. The only way I can deal is by constantly going through a sprinkler or hose. Sometimes a dip in the pool. And it is a pain with glasses as they fog when I go back into my beloved ac. The fogging glasses and having to constantly clean off the spots on the lenses are the two main reasons I started wearing contacts. But contacts have their downfalls including dry eyes and itching when in dusty areas like a coop.
The good part about sweating I like is; my feet, ears, and fingers aren't too cold to do something LOL you can always cool down you can't always warm up, I've found. No not a fan of cold, me. I been almost froze to death(working right?) in Colorado, have never fell out from overheating in La. (yet)take breaks in the heat= cool down, take breaks in the cold=freeze to death LOL

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom