The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Thanks CMom! I've been mostly harassing peeps via PM, but I hope in few months to be a very annoying presence here on the HRIR list... Plan on working with Mumsy on R. Fogle line HRIR's... she's close enough for us to swap stock once in a while. I only have a 1/4 acre lot; thankfully it's rural enough no one cares that I have 3 coops plus a couple quarantine set ups (in the front yard)... But if I had to swap stock across country like I'm havin' to try to aquire females from TX... man oh man... (Hi RonnieWayne, rabid customer here again
droolin.gif
)

Sucks being on the Pac coast for good breeding stock. Everyone out here has the spastic, "lets see what a blue silkie and a pure Rhodebar end up with" mentality. We aim to fix that! Heh.
-Aleta G.

Thanks CMom! I've been mostly harassing peeps via PM, but I hope in few months to be a very annoying presence here on the HRIR list... Plan on working with Mumsy on R. Fogle line HRIR's... she's close enough for us to swap stock once in a while. I only have a 1/4 acre lot; thankfully it's rural enough no one cares that I have 3 coops plus a couple quarantine set ups (in the front yard)... But if I had to swap stock across country like I'm havin' to try to aquire females from TX... man oh man... (Hi RonnieWayne, rabid customer here again
droolin.gif
)

Sucks being on the Pac coast for good breeding stock. Everyone out here has the spastic, "lets see what a blue silkie and a pure Rhodebar end up with" mentality. We aim to fix that! Heh.
-Aleta G.
Hi AletaG!

I am really busy outside this time of year but I haven't forgotten you. It's going to be three or four more months before I let go of any of my boys but I know how to reach you. It will be nice to have this strain predominately in the PNW. They are such beautiful and docile birds. And BIG!

Last edited:
Bob, if you can get that info out there asap, that'd be awesome. I know RonnieWayne is trying to send me pullets from TX, and having a time sorting that out. And by Spring, I want to be sending some out too!
Its hot the rule is over 85 degrees no shipping live birds that's the first thing. At least where I live.

Chicks are shipped in a single nest box about 15 dollars and put ten week old or ten days in the box go to the post office about 4 pm and fill out the over night form pay the lady and bam they are off. They get to the customer in a day to a day half. You get a call in the early am your chicks are here and go pick them up put them in the brooder. Eggs different story have to work on that bob

If not related remember this width of back this year ? Mohawk

long time cousin I think

Save and print this picture its from the Standard 1962

Think he is a Moahwk

If not should be a Mohawks may be a young Roberts male

This could be his sire?

We saw this ckl a few days ago and he reminded me of a male I saw this past March at our Spring Show in Pensacola Florida shown by Chris. The male above that Chris showed and won big with at one show may be his chick. He is a Mohawk from Colorado from Paul's line.

My friend in Mississippi these are pictures for you to look at and the picture of the male from the standard is enclosed. I will be mailing ou your care package of what the standard calls for today. Go to E bay often and keep your eyes on a 1960s or earlier standard of Perfection. I do not read nothing or help anyone find old Heritage Breeds unless they are in my old back and white standard other wise they are not in danger in my view. Glad you got a hold of Steve and he will fix you up this fall with good breeders and then you can go back a year from now and pick up his breeders he does not need. By older breeders from a good Red man is money in the bank. He would not keep them as breeders if they where not he cream of the crop to start with.

Hope this helps cant wait to see what this ckl looks like this November. If you can bring him to the show in Pensacola this December he should do very well. Should be a great class of Reds there and the top two large fowl judges in the county to judge them. Thanks for posting your pictures. Also, love the little Underwood bantams.

Last edited:

If not related remember this width of back this year ? Mohawk
Roberts strain Cock Bird.

long time cousin I think
Pure Reese Cockerel at Newnan, Ga. Champion Large Fowl

Save and print this picture its from the Standard 1962

Think he is a Moahwk
The same Pure Reese Cockerel as above at about 7 months of age.

If not should be a Mohawks may be a young Roberts male
Yet again...the same Pure Reese Cockerel at about 4-5 months of age.

This could be his sire?
Chris Herzog's pure Reese Cockerel

We saw this ckl a few days ago and he reminded me of a male I saw this past March at our Spring Show in Pensacola Florida shown by Chris. The male above that Chris showed and won big with at one show may be his chick. He is a Mohawk from Colorado from Paul's line.

My friend in Mississippi these are pictures for you to look at and the picture of the male from the standard is enclosed. I will be mailing ou your care package of what the standard calls for today. Go to E bay often and keep your eyes on a 1960s or earlier standard of Perfection. I do not read nothing or help anyone find old Heritage Breeds unless they are in my old back and white standard other wise they are not in danger in my view. Glad you got a hold of Steve and he will fix you up this fall with good breeders and then you can go back a year from now and pick up his breeders he does not need. By older breeders from a good Red man is money in the bank. He would not keep them as breeders if they where not he cream of the crop to start with.

Hope this helps cant wait to see what this ckl looks like this November. If you can bring him to the show in Pensacola this December he should do very well. Should be a great class of Reds there and the top two large fowl judges in the county to judge them. Thanks for posting your pictures. Also, love the little Underwood bantams.
Just thought I would clarify what birds were in those pictures.

Matt

I've had a lot of problems with the BYC site posting images and getting compatible with the new software installed on the forum. It's fixed for me now but I had to make a new profile in order to post images again so that's why the 'MumsyII'. Any hoo...Here are a few more images of my Ron Fogle birds. I think they are beautiful at sixteen and twelve weeks old. Always looking forward to what they will grow up to be.

I've had a lot of problems with the BYC site posting images and getting compatible with the new software installed on the forum. It's fixed for me now but I had to make a new profile in order to post images again so that's why the 'MumsyII'. Any hoo...Here are a few more images of my Ron Fogle birds. I think they are beautiful at sixteen and twelve weeks old. Always looking forward to what they will grow up to be.

Very nice looking younguns. lol
Jim

Just wanted to say I hope you all are coping with the heat fairly well. Sure is warm here in SW Pa. The temps are bad enough but with the humidity it is really terrible.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom