The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Oh please don't misunderstand me bluebirdnanny my intent was not to pick on NYRed in anyway at all and do apologize in anyway if it looked like that as I spent 23 years in the Army Infantry with over 10 years overseas during that time and was forced retired Medically ,,, it is just some words are not normally used by civilians so I was just asking how much time she spent in the military but then again there are a few other government jobs where particular words or statements are used that would not be every day words or statements by the every day civilian .......   

Not necessarily government jobs. I spent 30 some years working in microbiology labs in hospitals and those words sound really familiar to me.

I didn't find any of the wording odd. .. hmmm...

I have a question for you guys... How many of you guys are a member of the Rhode Island Red Club?

Matt

I am and even have an ad in the Yearbook for Rhode Island Reds, Plymouth Rocks, and Wyandottes. Been a life time member for ever but have never put ads in the Yearbook. Ruth was so pushy...LOL. She does a great job on promoting Reds, Rocks, and Wyandottes.

Matt,

Here are a couple of the great RIRs I got from you last year. They are about 11 months old in this photo. I just came across this thread and this is the most recent picture I could find. Sorry for the GLW photo bomb.
Any thoughts on these two.

The source I'm getting them from had two separate pens going with the last interbreeding about four generations back, and I'll be receiving a mixture of the two, marked. I will be keeping the two different pens separate from one another for several generations. I don't plan on adding any outside sources to them at any point in time, but I may end up mixing the pens for fresh blood after an amount of time. I'm no expert on genetics, so please let me know if this plan is flawed.

I do not interbreed different lines. I want my lines to be pure so if I want new blood I look for someone who has the same lines to get new birds from for my flock so I am getting new blood in the same line so my birds and the new birds would be descendants of the same original line. I hope this makes sense.

Matt, Here are a couple of the great RIRs I got from you last year. They are about 11 months old in this photo. I just came across this thread and this is the most recent picture I could find. Sorry for the GLW photo bomb. Any thoughts on these two.
Beautiful! Notice the flat AND long back on that rooster! With the laced bird in front though really can't see the leg placement (if it centers or is forward).

This is my first year breeding my Rhode Island Reds, I currently have two small sets of chicks. The older set is 4 weeks old and they are feathering out partly white (around the wings etc) is this normal and will the white go away when they get their adult feathers? I will get some pictures soon.

This is my first year breeding my Rhode Island Reds, I currently have two small sets of chicks. The older set is 4 weeks old and they are feathering out partly white (around the wings etc) is this normal and will the white go away when they get their adult feathers? I will get some pictures soon.

White around the wings (at the part of the wing that connects to the body) turns out to be a rooster most of the time for me. The white goes away as the feathers come it.

Beautiful! Notice the flat AND long back on that rooster! With the laced bird in front though really can't see the leg placement (if it centers or is forward).

[/IMG]

Here are a few more pics of the same Rooster and one of the pullet. They are amidst a year old.

here are the pictures

Back
Top Bottom