The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Kipp nodded at Take in greeting looking at him around Noah who had flopped his head onto his shoulder and wrapped one arm around his neck. He followed Take's distracted gaze, to Chion who, now that the others had joined them, was impatiently walking away up the sandy riverside.
"Uhh, I don't know what the critters are called. That's Chion, the blond girl with pointy ears." He answered, with a smile spreading across his face. "Or did you not meet her?" Kipp grunted hoisting Noah up a bit higher as his hands started to slip. Then began taking heavy steps to follow the others.
"She's a mimic. She changes forms kind of like Hadd-" Kipp fell silent, reminded that not everyone was accounted for. If she hadn't made it back to the rest of the group Take would probably know. But Kipp didn't want to know if something bad had happened to her.
Takes eyes widened slightly at the mention that the massive furred creature was actually a shape shifting girl. I thought she was like some feral animal they found down there.“-Like Haddie” he finished for Kipp, nodding solemnly, his gaze looking straight through the boy. He straightened up, not sure what to say about Haddie’s whereabouts since he didn’t have a clue and moved along back towards the cave.
"Aunt Blair—"
"Blood." Blair panicked at the scent of it, unable to stop herself from speaking so abruptly. She set Emma down, seeing the pained look on her face and then noticing the blood on her own hands. Blair turned Emma, despite the little girls protests, her gaze falling on the long, weeping lashes on the girls back, her sweater torn. She bit the inside of her cheek to stop herself from speaking, instantly closing herself off. She didn't want to scare Emma. She picked her up carefully, balancing her on her hip. "I'm gonna fix it up, okay?" She murmured. Emma just nodded, burying her face against Blair's neck.
It's not infected. Yet. But what could've done that? Not claws, too neat and straight...
Take suddenly stopped and walked back over to the riverside after hearing their conversation. He stepped over into the waters edge, keeping his footing to make sure he wouldn’t be swept away. He tugged off his mangled sweater and bent down to submerge it underneath the cold water. His face was completely focused on trying to cleanse the fabric as best he could from the dried blood, mud, and sweat, though the musk wouldn’t be washed off completely. When he finished, he wrung it dry from the warmth of his hands and caught back up with Blair and Emma, “She can put this on when we get to the cave” he advised, patting the sweater he tossed over his shoulder as he continued on past them. Even though it lacked sleeves and torn away fabric on the back, it was still something to cover the wounds if she put it on backwards.

“I found a cave,” Kyle said, jumping down from Rylie and standing in the rain, a tiny, forlorn figure surrounded by torrents of grey. Rylie eagerly escaped the weather, then took a sniff of the air and backed away, standing at Kyle’s side.
Carson cautiously followed Kyle into the cave. Buck stayed by his side, sensing that Carson was leery.

(Sorry I haven't been active guys, everything's been stressing me out to the point it's hard to write)
(Hope you guys don't mind me moving your charries around.)

Chion lifted her head ears twitching up at the sound of her name being called. She looked over at Seina who looked to be sleeping already. Alex and Elon were both leaned against her also alseep. She nudged Torin with her snout, gently burying her nose under his shoulder and sliding him off her belly that he was using as a pillow, so she could stand.

I couldn't have imagined it twice. She thought, walking over and sticking her head outside the cave to look around. There wasn't much out there besides the rock strewn sandy shore of the river.
Torin hardly noticed, instead crawling over to curl up beside Siena.
Kevin smiled, watching her as she spoke. He raised an eyebrow, intrigued by the mention of ‘art’. “Art? Do you paint?” He asked. “Or do you mean photography?”
Kevin frowned. Hell from heaven. “I don’t get it.” He looked around, spotting the mountains. The last thing he wanted to do was climb, especially in the rain. “We better go, before we lose them.” He said, heading that direction.
"Yeah, I mean photography. Kylan does, though. I'm not really the best at it, my hands aren't steady enough. I also don't think I can even draw a circle correctly..." She laughed quietly, before glancing at him. "Like, acid is hell? And heaven means the sky... So hell from Heaven?" Lilith explained, cringing a little. I should... Really work on my jokes.
She nodded, following along at his side.
“Thanks” she shivered again, her skin had broken out in goosebumps and her teeth chattered as she stood.
Kylan nodded, however frowning. She was obviously chilled to the bone, her skin adorned with tiny bumps. "If I had a coat, I'm give it to you..." He murmured, before slinging his arm over her shoulder as if trying to keep her meagerly dry. Knowing it wasn't going to work, he instead began to try and help her up the sloap.
“I found a cave,” Kyle said, jumping down from Rylie and standing in the rain, a tiny, forlorn figure surrounded by torrents of grey. Rylie eagerly escaped the weather, then took a sniff of the air and backed away, standing at Kyle’s side.
"Oh, thank God." Kylan sighed, glancing at Aria. "Somewhere dry." He muttered, moving towards it.

(Sorry I haven't been active guys, everything's been stressing me out to the point it's hard to write)

"Yeah, I mean photography. Kylan does, though. I'm not really the best at it, my hands aren't steady enough. I also don't think I can even draw a circle correctly..." She laughed quietly, before glancing at him. "Like, acid is hell? And heaven means the sky... So hell from Heaven?" Lilith explained, cringing a little. I should... Really work on my jokes.

Kylan nodded, however frowning. She was obviously chilled to the bone, her skin adorned with tiny bumps. "If I had a coat, I'm give it to you..." He murmured, before slinging his arm over her shoulder as if trying to keep her meagerly dry. Knowing it wasn't going to work, he instead began to try and help her up the sloap.

"Oh, thank God." Kylan sighed, glancing at Aria. "Somewhere dry." He muttered, moving towards it.
Aria walked up the slope as fast as she could being this cold.

(Hey, don’t worry about it. Take as much time as you need.)
“Ah, I see,” Kevin said, nodding slowly. “I had a... a friend, that used to always try to get me in to painting. Unfortunately I’ve never had the time nor patience to do it. One of these days, though. One of these days...” he trailed off, watching as they passed a group of tiny rodent-like creatures. His face took on a red hue as she explained the joke, mentally cursing himself for not understanding something as simple as that. I should really take a few more English classes. He thought, scratching the back of his hair.
“Heh, that’s embarrassing. I should’ve understood something as simple as that.” Kevin said, dropping his hand. It’s a good thing my brother isn’t here right now. I would never hear the end of it.
As they neared the edge of the forest, Kevin hesitated. He really didn’t want to go out of the safety of the trees and into the rain, but he saw no other choice. He could see the rest of the group now, and cringed at how slippery it looked. Shaking his head, he glanced at Lilith. “This’ll be fun,” he said sarcastically, scanning the mountain for the best way to start and the least amount of mud.

Korim walked into the entryway, flanked by Timit. Cam scrambled up the slippery stones, finding strength in the promise of shelter. As Cam slumped in the cave entrance, she hardly noticed the enormity of it, or the fathomless depths of the cave beyond, or Timit’s incessant fluttering in circles and chattering. He had been doing that for as long as she’d known him. Frankly, dragons could be annoying.
Korim, however, noticed the change immediately. What had been a laundry list of complaints ranging from aching wings to hypothermia now became a frantic warning.
“Korim! Don’t go in there!” Timit fluttered in Korim’s face, which was turned towards the darkness in the cave beyond. Smoke billowed from his nostrils. The more fearful Timit became, the more smoke would puff from his nostrils. That and a couple of inhaled feathers caused Korim to sneeze. “It’s dangerous! There’s a dragon! Very big! Very dangerous! Probably wants us for dinner!”
Rylie also looked very alarmed, but for his credit, he stayed at his master’s side instead of following his bolting instinct which he appeared to be struggling to fight.
“A dragon? I should have sent you ahead to investigate,” Korim said. His knees locked with fear.
Kyle was also beginning to realize that something was up, but Cam was totally clueless.
“Everyone must listen,” he said calmly. “Do not panic, for the hearing of a dragon isn’t very sensitive, and it may not have heard us yet, especially if he is asleep. If we don’t yell, we may be able to get away in time. There is a massive dragon in this cave, and I would like to suggest that we escape while we still can.”

Cam’s heart skipped a beat. She’d hardly been paying attention at first, but it slowly began to dawn on her. Their worst fears had come true. “D-dragon...” And she doubted Korim meant the one flying around his shoulders.
“Well, let’s go!” Kyle exclaimed, jumping to Rylie’s back.

“Whips,” Ashira whispered in answer to her thoughts. “We were whipped. All of us. But I thought everyone’s bleeding had stopped-“
"Wait, how do you- whipped?" Blair stared at her incredulously for a moment, tightening her grip. "Well, obviously it hasn't. Wounds will reopen easily if they're left untreated and uncovered. Especially on the back."
Takes eyes widened slightly at the mention that the massive furred creature was actually a shape shifting girl. I thought she was like some feral animal they found down there.“-Like Haddie” he finished for Kipp, nodding solemnly, his gaze looking straight through the boy. He straightened up, not sure what to say about Haddie’s whereabouts since he didn’t have a clue and moved along back towards the cave.

Take suddenly stopped and walked back over to the riverside after hearing their conversation. He stepped over into the waters edge, keeping his footing to make sure he wouldn’t be swept away. He tugged off his mangled sweater and bent down to submerge it underneath the cold water. His face was completely focused on trying to cleanse the fabric as best he could from the dried blood, mud, and sweat, though the musk wouldn’t be washed off completely. When he finished, he wrung it dry from the warmth of his hands and caught back up with Blair and Emma, “She can put this on when we get to the cave” he advised, patting the sweater he tossed over his shoulder as he continued on past them. Even though it lacked sleeves and torn away fabric on the back, it was still something to cover the wounds if she put it on backwards.
Blair nodded, following him after glancing at Ashira one last time. "Thank you," she murmured.

Korim walked into the entryway, flanked by Timit. Cam scrambled up the slippery stones, finding strength in the promise of shelter. As Cam slumped in the cave entrance, she hardly noticed the enormity of it, or the fathomless depths of the cave beyond, or Timit’s incessant fluttering in circles and chattering. He had been doing that for as long as she’d known him. Frankly, dragons could be annoying.
Korim, however, noticed the change immediately. What had been a laundry list of complaints ranging from aching wings to hypothermia now became a frantic warning.
“Korim! Don’t go in there!” Timit fluttered in Korim’s face, which was turned towards the darkness in the cave beyond. Smoke billowed from his nostrils. The more fearful Timit became, the more smoke would puff from his nostrils. That and a couple of inhaled feathers caused Korim to sneeze. “It’s dangerous! There’s a dragon! Very big! Very dangerous! Probably wants us for dinner!”
Rylie also looked very alarmed, but for his credit, he stayed at his master’s side instead of following his bolting instinct which he appeared to be struggling to fight.
“A dragon? I should have sent you ahead to investigate,” Korim said. His knees locked with fear.
Kyle was also beginning to realize that something was up, but Cam was totally clueless.
“Everyone must listen,” he said calmly. “Do not panic, for the hearing of a dragon isn’t very sensitive, and it may not have heard us yet, especially if he is asleep. If we don’t yell, we may be able to get away in time. There is a massive dragon in this cave, and I would like to suggest that we escape while we still can.”

Cam’s heart skipped a beat. She’d hardly been paying attention at first, but it slowly began to dawn on her. Their worst fears had come true. “D-dragon...” And she doubted Korim meant the one flying around his shoulders.
Carson tensed, having heard there conversation. Before Kyle had even given the order, he had grabbed Ellie's hand and pulled her out of the cave, clicking his tongue so Buck would follow. He was about to tell the others to get out, but then he saw Kyle leading them out and relaxed a little but still remained alert for any sign of danger

"Dragon?" Aella whispered softly, flames sprouting in her palms. She crept forward into the darkness, ignoring his warning. She wanted to see it, even if it was just for a brief second. She wanted to know if the stories were true, that fire-breathing, scaled, massive dragons existed, and the fact that it could possibly crush her was the least of her worries. "I wanna see it..."

Back
Top Bottom