The hunting/fishing thread!

We’ve had the live trap set for a couple of weeks now, after a strong skunk smell coming from beneath the coop. So far we have caught 3 chickens, a skunk and a very angry black cat. We don’t have a black cat. Or maybe we do. Or did. It may have chosen not to stick around. DH said there was much growling and hissing as he was opening the trap. I will only use live traps around here because of the unintended targets. When he was younger and there was a market for fur, DH did a lot of “real” trapping. Mostly for mink and muskrats.

We’ve had the live trap set for a couple of weeks now, after a strong skunk smell coming from beneath the coop. So far we have caught 3 chickens, a skunk and a very angry black cat. We don’t have a black cat. Or maybe we do. Or did. It may have chosen not to stick around. DH said there was much growling and hissing as he was opening the trap. I will only use live traps around here because of the unintended targets. When he was younger and there was a market for fur, DH did a lot of “real” trapping. Mostly for mink and muskrats.
We caught a black cat in our live trap too……starting to believe the invasive squirrels might be killing and eating the occasional quail :eek:

Not much going on around here. But I try to find the time to watch the deer graze. Only 2 here tonight. But they have been a tad scarce since the wolf visited them a couple days ago.

image.jpg

Seconds later. 3 of then
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom