The hunting/fishing thread!

That's funny about your bird. I guess if you think about it the turkey didn't have much choice. If it ran or flew the coyote was sure to see it. As I'm sure you know, animals can hide reeeally well too. I once had a big garden that was away from my house a bit. One day in mid-summer I went back and started working on it. After I'd been there at least 25 minutes this tiny baby deer jumped up out of about a foot of grass that I'd walked by many times. 😲 I never saw or heard mama but I know she was close.
The only reason I noticed her was because I was going to pickup the'bark' that was on the dutchmans britches.

got a question for all you guys.

what would be your dream hunt or some of your bucket list hunts you want to or may have done?

i did my first one last year, got a white tail on my family farm, my great great grandfather hunted it and so did my great grand parents, grandparents and father.

another on bucket list hunt is most likely lame for most of you, but i want to go turkey hunting. no turkey season in Saskatchewan

and the last for now is to get one of each big game animal in my province, as there is pronghorn, mule deer, white tail, moose, elk, black bear and wolf. out of the 7 i have tagged 3 species. still debating on trapping or hunting the wolf.

Turkey hunting is over rated. I had turkeys outside my window today begging to be shot.

I would love an Alaskan hunt, caribou, sheep and moose.

I hunted near Kerrobert (sp) 50 years ago. I would enjoy a second goose trip up there.

I have never shot a mule deer or antelope they would be fun.

Turkey hunting is over rated. I had turkeys outside my window today begging to be shot.

I would love an Alaskan hunt, caribou, sheep and moose.

I hunted near Kerrobert (sp) 50 years ago. I would enjoy a second goose trip up there.

I have never shot a mule deer or antelope they would be fun.
Have you ever hunted turkey? They are a totally different critter when you wear camo and cary a stick. My cousin has them in his barnyard by the dozens. Can get 30' from them before they get nervous. Now, hunting in his barnyard is off limits, as it should be because that isn't hunting. Get up in the woods, and your in for a challenge.

Have you ever hunted turkey? They are a totally different critter when you wear camo and cary a stick. My cousin has them in his barnyard by the dozens. Can get 30' from them before they get nervous. Now, hunting in his barnyard is off limits, as it should be because that isn't hunting. Get up in the woods, and your in for a challenge.
Yep, I have. Boring and easy to kill.

And not as good eating as a domestic one.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom