The hunting/fishing thread!

Hunted first and last day of teal season this month.. first day was a bust cuz i hadnt been down to check on the blind and make sure it was ok and brush things up and it was overgrown in the front... i went out the day before season closer and moved it and brushed it up really well. A buddy and i killed out within 45mins, my first time ever killing out on ducks, let alone during teal season.. there arent alot of good areas for waterfowl to be here in iowa cuz farmers and cattle pretty well take up everything, so often times, i dont do much shooting except for woodies and teal when the main season starts and the occasional mallard..

Last year i shot a solo ringneck that buzzed into my decoys on a 10 acre farm pond surrounded by oak trees.. woodies love the cut in the back of the pond that runs through the timber.

Our limit of blue and greenwings
20230916_090622.jpg

20230916_071250.jpg

Random Ringneck
20221017_081813.jpg

Hunted first and last day of teal season this month.. first day was a bust cuz i hadnt been down to check on the blind and make sure it was ok and brush things up and it was overgrown in the front... i went out the day before season closer and moved it and brushed it up really well. A buddy and i killed out within 45mins, my first time ever killing out on ducks, let alone during teal season.. there arent alot of good areas for waterfowl to be here in iowa cuz farmers and cattle pretty well take up everything, so often times, i dont do much shooting except for woodies and teal when the main season starts and the occasional mallard..

Last year i shot a solo ringneck that buzzed into my decoys on a 10 acre farm pond surrounded by oak trees.. woodies love the cut in the back of the pond that runs through the timber.

Our limit of blue and greenwings
View attachment 3649650
View attachment 3649651

Random Ringneck
View attachment 3649654
Nice!

Back
Top Bottom