The hunting/fishing thread!

Pics
I’m way behind in general as fall sneaked up on me. Hopefully going to range on Friday (opening day) so we can get out Saturday and check stands etc
I've got two weeks of archery season before we ship out, but I'll probably be too busy to hunt, and, knowing we are leaving, I haven't done any prep. It would be nice to put one in the freezer for the kids, so we'll see if I can work up the gumption.

I planted a huge food plot before I got sick. I have about 5 acres of rye, radishes, turnips, rutabagas, clover, rape etc.

It is growing well, the young deer are coming into it daily.

I had hoped to archery, but the doctors said no. I might be able to firearms hunt in November. But I need to move my stand, which I won’t be able to.

I see the doctors in a week. I will ask for a permit to hunt from a vehicle. I think I am qualify this year.

This is when I like to fish slab crappie and large northerns. I don’t know if I dare try that or not. Of course, I would need to be legal to drive again to do anything.

just call me Debbie Downer.

Who’s ready for 2021season????? Who’s already hunting????
I've already been out twice ..... Had this doe hangin around my stand, but will leave her to attract the big boys in a month or so.

IMG_0031 (1).JPG

Also caught a glimpse of a decent buck yesterday, looked to be an 8 pointer, but he was out of range for my crossbow. I have at least 3 spots residing around my house, at least one is probably from the pictured doe.

Who’s ready for 2021season????? Who’s already hunting????
my mule deer season starts Oct 1st for muzzle-loader. same with whitetail going to buy both tags maybe i can get both in one day.
if i don't tag my white tail during the muzzle-loader season i will just wait for the November rifle season. again same with mule deer.

missed elk season this year. just to busy to get to go.

my mule deer season starts Oct 1st for muzzle-loader. same with whitetail going to buy both tags maybe i can get both in one day.
if i don't tag my white tail during the muzzle-loader season i will just wait for the November rifle season. again same with mule deer.

missed elk season this year. just to busy to get to go.
I’m trying to get excited but part of me hopes to tag out early!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom