The hunting/fishing thread!

heading out tomorrow for a mule deer hunt. got tags for both a mule deer and white tail. first time hunting with archery, been getting ready for a while now with the bow. not going to lie am very excited but still nervous for using a bow.
Good luck! I started hunting as archery only with my compound bow………now that legalities have changed, my compound has been in storage 😵

Thought I would share . I am 70 and was going to practice with the crossbow . Turns out I can no longer cock it . So I ordered a cocking device . No one in the area had one . Adapting not giving up .
Just be careful with some of the crank type devices (hopefully they’ve gotten better since I tried one) but they can pull the strings back unevenly and throw off your shot

I've been 3 times now. It's buck only the first 10 days so of course I've seen plenty of does.... lol

20221021_175242.jpg

20221017_180313.jpg

20221018_180728.jpg

Had these two sparing in front of the stand this morning. Unfortunately, no one was in that stand.
One was a basket 8 and the other I believe was a 6. I've got my eyes on a couple larger bucks. Hopefully once the rut kicks in they will make a mistake.

Attachments

• 13f739b1-aada-4832-9bde-cabbb8f8b1e5.jpg
    13f739b1-aada-4832-9bde-cabbb8f8b1e5.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 4
heading out tomorrow for a mule deer hunt. got tags for both a mule deer and white tail. first time hunting with archery, been getting ready for a while now with the bow. not going to lie am very excited but still nervous for using a bow.
Any luck?

I heard on the news that Canada made it not legal to sell or buy guns.

Back
Top Bottom