The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
Our fully grown roo is just as big as the BBS imports... just the girls don't seem to be?

Mine are still big birds- just not as big as my BBS. The roo looks big compared to the hens, but still not as big as my favorite big blue rooster. I think these things will come along in time though.

Lucky you to have a huge roo!

Last edited:
The hot weather has slowed shipping so our chicks have grown out to be juveniles - here is a pic of some on their outing looking for bugs. These were imported from Orps Galore line in the UK by me personally.

The hot weather has slowed shipping so our chicks have grown out to be juveniles - here is a pic of some on their outing looking for bugs. These were imported from Orps Galore line in the UK by me personally.

Lookin' good Richard!
thumbsup.gif

Jobele, he is gorgeous.
I have 4 roos right now and need to decide which to keep - they are about 14 weeks old - two are lighter, two are a bit darker - some more white some less. How do you decide as you say they change quite a bit. They are ALL just so sweet so it certainly would not be an issue for personality. What to do .....any suggestions. Thanks.
IMO....14 weeks is very young to try and make a decision on a Rooster. They can change a LOT! I would cull for definite faults that you can see and keep your best ones according to the SOP. I learned that lesson the hard way! I've been guilty of getting rid of them too soon too! Now....if I have the room I try to keep them until they are mature. I always keep 2 roos.....the reason being....if 1 rooster gets killed or dies....you'll have a back-up roo. Just try to pick the nicest ones you can. You can also take pics of each rooster....make sure to get every view (RS, LS, Front, Back and over the top of the bird to see the width). Then you can look at them closely on your computer and also you can post them here on the forum and a lot of very knowledgeable people can help you see things that maybe you might miss. That would help you make a decision too! The more opinions you can get the better. Sometimes when you are so use to looking at the birds you tend to forget their faults....especially if they have great personalities. So, by posting the pics....you get fresh insight. Just be sure that you're not easily offended by peoples comments. Just take it all in and then the bottom line is.....it's your bird to choose.

The only thing I KNOW never stays on my farm is an aggressive rooster. He goes to Camp Freezer. I will say....I have yet to see any aggression in my Jubilees....they are total sweethearts and get excited every time they see me coming. They know that I usually have treats for them....LOL I have never heard anybody else say anything about Jubilees having aggression either.

Hope this helps. There are a lot of great breeders on the forums here that will be more than willing to help you critique your birds if you take pics.

Here are a few pics of my 2 ,month old Jubilee's. Love the color of these guys! I got 2 straight run chicks and they turned out to be a boy & girl :)

Back
Top Bottom