The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Hi there! Your avatar threw me, how cute!
smile.png
My thoughts with the Partridge roo over the Cuckoo hen is that the hen can only possess one barring gene so you would yield few bared chicks, if any. I believe you would need to breed to a double barred roo but I will ask my friend who has done it. Any thoughts from anyone else? I have tried to use the chicken calculator in the past but it hasn't been real reliable (I think it is just for fun
idunno.gif
). I'll do some research and post more later.
In my bantams this year I'm breeding a cuckoo male orp over a Partridge Wyandotte female. I made Crele Rosecombs years ago by using a Cuckoo male over Bbred females. I takes time to get the males right, females come pretty fast.

Thank you Don I am just trying to figure some things out. I had visited Orpingtons Galore and took a look at the gallery. I found a buff over cuckoo described as Crele wouldn't this just be buff cuckoo? Next to that is the Legbar that displays the Duckwing coloration e+ that is what I picture in my mind as a true crele coloration like the OEG

So Sorry about the blue renie..this is really hard on poultry....we have had minus 20 wind chills....minus 5 without the wind..

I have everybody in heated huts Right now..good news is, it's going to be in the high 40s next week Moving your way..the birds know they are just biding their time..:/

Last edited:
I lost one of old blue roos I got from Bama today :( Found him on the bottom of the pile.... It is just soo freaking cold here right now. :(

Oh Renie, I am so sorry! It is horrible trying to keep these guys warm. I am just coming in from outside and my cheeks are frozen! Poor things were too hot this past summer and our weather in Ohio is much like yours right now,
sickbyc.gif
. I can't wait till spring, just hope we don't have a reply of last summer
sad.png

Again I am really sorry, I know they mean a lot to you
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom