The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I managed to get pics of the sweet Buff Orp girls today
wee.gif
(a golden opportunity.....
lau.gif
) Buff, Buff Delaware and Buff Columbian.
What a beautiful day for pictures!

Buff Girl

Buff Columbian

And Buff Delaware

Are u located in tn?
carson42099, your chicks you bought from me were hatched from Lot's A' Cluckin' eggs. So, you would do well to buy from her if you are looking to breed, as this will maintain the same line. those beautiful chickens are what you have to look forward to:). I was looking specifically for blue orps for a breeding project with my Australorps, so I didn't need any black orps. that one pictured was thought to be a pullet. the older one with the "upturned" tail feathers is likely a cockerel. In the smaller bunch, they were also from Lot's a cluckin' but hatched from a separate order. Those black chicks may be black split to lavender or from BBS, my sister in law couldn't remember whether the eggs from the lavender pen or the bbs pen those chicks were. I didn't get to determine the gender of the younger chicks at hatch or the first week. I think one of the younger chicks might be a cockerel.

Last edited:
carson42099, your chicks you bought from me were hatched from Lot's A' Cluckin' eggs.  So, you would do well to buy from her if you are looking to breed, as this will maintain the same line.  those beautiful chickens are what you have to look forward to:).  I was looking specifically for blue orps for a breeding project with my Australorps, so I didn't need any black orps.   that one pictured was thought  to be a pullet.  the older one with the "upturned" tail feathers is likely a cockerel.  In the smaller bunch, they were also from Lot's a cluckin' but hatched from a separate order.  Those black chicks may be black split to lavender or from BBS, my sister in law couldn't remember whether the eggs from the lavender pen or the bbs pen those chicks were.  I didn't get to determine the gender of the younger chicks at hatch or the first week.  I think one of the younger chicks might be a cockerel.  

Oh I've been wanting to buy eggs from her for a while but haven't so I may keep looking for some others that are nice looking

Pretty young ladies Nellie !
I second that.

OK guys+gals just for a little fun, I put a Cuckoo Rooster in with 2 Red hens(since I lost my cuckoo hen to frost bite and never had a red rooster) , So what can I expect to get from this cross in gen 1? I imagine Red Cuckoo but will they all be Red Cuckoo or 50/50? Then what would be the best strategy to breed Gen 2? I just couldn't let the girls just hang out.

Last edited:
I second that.

OK guys+gals just for a little fun, I put a Cuckoo Rooster in with 2 Red hens(since I lost my cuckoo hen to frost bite and never had a red rooster) , So what can I expect to get from this cross in gen 1? I imagine Red Cuckoo but will they all be Red Cuckoo or 50/50? Then what would be the best strategy to breed Gen 2? I just couldn't let the girls just hang out.

Here ya go http://www.thefancychick.com/CuckooOrpington.html, scroll down the page and I think you will find the answer there
smile.png
. Sounds like you are on the right track, Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom