I'm sorry about your losses. Do you have any idea of what happened? Was it predator related or possible illness?Well I lost one of the little pullets the day before Christmas Eve and the other on Christmas Day. Everyone is officially on lock down now and I'm being hyper vigilant when I'm watching them. I still haven't taken the little pullet outside so she's nearly three months and adorable.
I know. Life's a bit upside down right now. I decided to process Mr Nice Guy today. He definitely had the nicer face of my line (Not to mention a descendant of Mr Dummy - our all time fav roo) but Mr Potential is more genetically diverse. I realized that I needed to move forward and just make a decision, plus the chicken number going down is a good thing. If I find that Potential does not meet my expectations as a breeder, I can always get a new lav cockerel from @homeschoolin momma in the spring.Well we've not been very active. lol