The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Here is a photo of one of our 3 day old !Jubilee Orpington Chicks. Congratulation to Don on his recent purchase of these beautiful chicks

Last edited:
When the chicks are born they look real blonde in color some have a lot of dark chocolate specks on there head and back each day they seem to get more specks and when there wing feathers start coming in they really start to look like Jubilees. This one photo just happen to be of a chick with less specks. I was taking these photos by myself in my make believe studio (my couch) and they started running around and I was too afraid they would fall so I only got a couple of kinda good photos. I will post more later. They are very docile even at this age! I just love them!

Here is another photo the one in the back has alot more specks. They are so cute!

Last edited:
Ok, now I have to show off a couple Jubilee chicks too.... This is what they will look like in a couple weeks
big_smile.png

They love to pose!
love.gif

I don't have pictures yet of my newest Orpy babies, but I do have 2 new ones in the brooder.

The first chick is Black and if it's a cockerel then it will be split to the Chocolate gene. I'm actually hoping for a boy this time around.
fl.gif
With my luck though, it'll be a pullet. The second chick had a hard time hatching and was shrink wrapped a bit, I had to help it out of the sell. But I'm glad I did, it's Chocolate!!!
I don't care if it's a boy or a girl, I'm just happy it made it.
celebrate.gif

These babies are not bantams, I'm working with a few friends towards a LF Chocolate Orpington, these chicks should be around 6 to 7 pounds when full grown. I shouldn't have to worry about AI, thank goodness. I plan on using my big Black girl Thelma to continue to project if I have a cockerel to work with, if not Neville will be put over the new girls. Either way my goal is both LF Chocolate and Mauve Orpingtons.

I've thought long and hard about the new colors becoming available and I think I have decided to stick with my original favorites. I'll continue breeding my Blue, Black and Splash Orps and now will work with the Chocs too but otherwise I think that is all. I love some of the beautiful colors being imported but I've decided I want to see my BBS flock really grow and continue to flourish. The only way they will be able to do that is if I devote my time and the necessary space required only to them.

I want to thank both Joy and Julie again for helping me start my flock, I literally couldn't have done it without both of you. I love my birds and hope to have them around for years to come. Thank you both so much.
hugs.gif

ETA: I will take pictures just as soon as the new babies have found their feet!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom