The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

WOWEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd want to put a picture of that somewhere too. Bet he doesn't allow you to put those big English Orp's on top to get a picture of it. lol Toe nails can scratch pretty quickly. Beautifully restored. Thanks for posting. My brother has an old 1930 Ford Coupe with the rumble seat and I just love it. I told him to put it in his Will for me. lol
Jim

The old push button Auto trannsy's are cool. I have 2 of them. A 1960 Desoto Adventurer with the 383 Golden Lion and a 1964 Chrysler New Yorker 9 passenger Station wagon with the 413. Mine aren't restored yet like yours.
NICE CAR!!

Great pictures everyone !!

Roger - I love that big ole boy you have. He's a beauty.

I know this is a bit off topic, but my hubby got a "new toy" this past Thursday and wanted to post a few pictures of it. It's a 1960 Dodge Dart Pioneer.

Last edited:
LOL That baby is as old as me.. but it sure looks better.. lol I am sure you guys will enjoy it.. lol

I'd bet it can run better also.
woot.gif

Joy, That is some automobile. My first car was an old Dodge Dart but nothing like this. Not even close. You need a picture of a big old basketball of an Orpington in the driver's seat. That's what they make towels for. Maybe two towels. Cool pictures.

HEY JEREMY, LOOK WHAT I GOT TODAY.
bow.gif
HA,HA,HA
thumbsup.gif
I was shocked about to death. Are yours laying that are out of this bunch. Going by what you had on site when I bought these, she is just 6 months old. What was so funny, I don't have a nest in their pen, just shavings on the floor and she was nestled up in the corner and the roo was nestled right up against her. SOOOOOO Funny.

I put it on this CD so you can imagine about the size. I'd say at the size of a medium store egg. Really a nice egg. I'm going to be setting some eggs Wednesday night or Thursday morning so I'm going to keep this and anymore layed before then and see if they are fertile. No harm in trying. lol I'll let you know. Gee whiz, what a nice surprise.
Jimmy

Jimmy some of the lay time depends on the time of year you hatch them. I find if I hatch in the summer they tend to lay sooner than those hatched in winter. I like to hatch in winter though cause the birds tend to grow off better for me when it is not so hot like it gets here.

Joy, nice ride. Those were the days. I remember those really long cars with fins on them when i was a teenager. Been a while though

Jimmy some of the lay time depends on the time of year you hatch them. I find if I hatch in the summer they tend to lay sooner than those hatched in winter. I like to hatch in winter though cause the birds tend to grow off better for me when it is not so hot like it gets here.

Joy, nice ride. Those were the days. I remember those really long cars with fins on them when i was a teenager. Been a while though

I kind of figured that but just the other day when I posted pictures of this pair Jeremy asked me if she was laying and I said no and he said he thought around 8 months. lol That's funny, we were just talking about it a couple of days ago.
I like to hatch out winter also then by time they get a couple or so months old it is warm enough outside to put them out without heat lamps. lol We are having some gorgeous weather here the last couple of days, Rain today but still it was a warm rain. It gets so muggy here with the humidity in the summer that when the temp goes way up it is almost unbearable. Good hearing from you Julie.
Jimmy

Julie those eggs I hatched from your birds 2 plus years ago did not lay till they were 13 months old. Then they laid about everyday till October. And those girls were a Feb 2010 hatches. You can see them on FEATHERSITE.COM. VERY NICE BIRDS!! Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom