The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Some Jubilee chicks from a recent hatch. I had to show these. They're adorable. Especially, the two seemingly kissing in the middle.

wee.gif
They're adorable! Great way to start the morning!

From what I understand from talking with DEFRA and other places -no one in the US has ever legally imported adult birds to the US from Europe. The paperwork does not even exist as of yet to do so. So everyone who has imported in the US either brought in chicks, or eggs.

There is a ton of paperwork, inspections, planning, time, and especially money in an import. A lot more than most people initially realize.

But importing is essential in getting these new breeds/colors to America for everyone to enjoy. I am glad I play a part in it.
Hi Boykin 2010,

You're right when it comes to importing live birds from the UK to the US. No one did it yet.
But from the European continent, no problem. I did it 3 times so far.

Marc

My 'adopted brother/helper' helped me set up three of my seven pens I bought off Craigslist last month and I had to get more pictures. The cockerel is not mean, but I don't think he appreciates me messing with him and the girls. I am aware one has white earlobes. She had the nicest cushion and I was after more Cochin like type for my chocolate bantam Cochin project. I am collecting a few eggs from these guys before I separate them for the Cochin project.

The whole set up:

I am not thrilled with there they are, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Once I get my stone hauled, things will change. Again.

I have imported BBS bantam Orp eggs coming from tKay, yet.

My 'adopted brother/helper' helped me set up three of my seven pens I bought off Craigslist last month and I had to get more pictures. The cockerel is not mean, but I don't think he appreciates me messing with him and the girls. I am aware one has white earlobes. She had the nicest cushion and I was after more Cochin like type for my chocolate bantam Cochin project. I am collecting a few eggs from these guys before I separate them for the Cochin project.

The whole set up:

I am not thrilled with there they are, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Once I get my stone hauled, things will change. Again.

I have imported BBS bantam Orp eggs coming from tKay, yet.

Really nice..going to be interesting to see your chocolate Cochin project using these..wonder if the white
Earlobe will lessen when used with the cochin..

Really nice..going to be interesting to see your chocolate Cochin project using these..wonder if the white
Earlobe will lessen when used with the cochin..

I was hoping someone could shed some light on the earlobes. Knowing my luck, white is dominant like in legs.
I am thrilled to have these guys to work with rather than the ones I got last year. No offense to Richard, but those 'bantam' chocolates roosters from him are in the 7lb+ range. How my 2 bantam Cochin hens are putting up with him is beyond me. I have 2 of those roosters in with my LF Orps for the LF Chocolate & Mauve project, yet. BTW, I have officially gotten 4 eggs from them so far! YAY!

Back
Top Bottom