The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I just texted a bud of mine and he gave me permission to share his photos and just texted these to me. This is his 100% imported LF Lavender roo. Everyone meet Big Boy. I gotta say I think this guy is awesome and one of the best imported lav roos I have seen in the states for his age. Just to be clear he is not mine and belongs to a friend of mine. I have eggs in my bator now sired by him. We r teaming up in an effort to improve each others lavs by making splits with my imported orps.
This is one of the nicest Lavenders as of today. He is also carrying one blue gene besides the two lavender genes.

Wanted to share my newest members to the Elite Poultry Club. Lol
wee.gif

Louise took the picture for me at her place, and even watermarked it for me!!!

Thank you Louise if you see this!!!!!!

Congrats :) Will be fun to watch them grow ")

Wanted to share my newest members to the Elite Poultry Club. Lol
wee.gif

Louise took the picture for me at her place, and even watermarked it for me!!!

Thank you Louise if you see this!!!!!!

Pretty babies. Louise has such nice birds. They will be a real asset in your breeding program. Would love to see pictures of them in a few months.

Beautiful birds everyone. I love all the different colors. The jubilee and mottleds are so eye catching.

Everything about breeding, buying, caring for and improving these birds is a learning process. I learn everyday. Sometimes I learn by reading or talking to veteran breeders and sometimes I learn the hard way. I tried to buy the best stock I could afford and find when I started. I think most people do. But now it's up to me to continue with them and continue improving what I have. I do give out names to where my stock came from because most people want to know where my birds came from. I also sell eggs, chicks and birds to help offset my cost. But I try to be honest and upfront with my birds. Your name and reputation is all you have.

I do have a vision of what I'm breeding for and what I want my birds to look like. Goals are important. You have to know where your going. Otherwise how will you get there. But when it all boils down I just want to be able to enjoy the birds I have. I think it's true to say that we all enjoy big, fluffy birds of all different colors. That's what drew us to the English Orps to begin with. I don't post a lot on here. I am a busy stay at home mom that manages our cow herd and horses. As well as take care of my flock of Orps and Cochins. I also do not like drama, which I feel like surfaces a lot on here. But I do stalk this thread to see everyone's beautiful birds and learn from others posts. So thank you to everyone that posts such great info about genetics and breeding. I do appreciate it even if I don't post it.

It is absolutly freezing out this morning..the birds come out, but they dont stay long..usually its in the 40s through 60s this time of year..it has barley budged out of the 20s .. expecting a possible winter storm next monday
barnie.gif
hopefully after next week, things will improve

at least the sun is out..Boo is miserable, he came out for a few mins but went right back in..cant wait for it to warm up..hes going to get a good bath. Hes not really dirty , but has some dirt bath residue ..

Last edited:
Elite- are those mottled? They're so cute.

Ok, can someone tell me what a quad is.....is it 3 hens and one roo or 2 roos and 2 hens? I want to take your advice and only keep a trio or a quad of really nice birds....but I've also been told to keep a backup roo in case something happens to my main roo. I love so many colors of the orps,but I have limited space and I want my birds to be comfortable and happy, I don't want the problems that come with overcrowding. So, I'm going to pick the best of each color with this years hatch and then go from there.
I promise one day I won't ask you fine folks to hold my hand anymore, but for now I have questions Thank-you for being patient with me.
So, let's say I start a pen from 2 different lines and then breed the daughters back to the fathers...what do I do when the original pair get old? Breed brother to sister? Add a new line?

It is absolutly freezing out this morning..the birds come out, but they dont stay long..usually its in the 40s through 60s this time of year..it has barley budged out of the 20s .. expecting a possible winter storm next monday
barnie.gif
hopefully after next week, things will improve

at least the sun is out..Boo is miserable, he came out for a few mins but went right back in..cant wait for it to warm up..hes going to get a good bath. Hes not really dirty , but has some dirt bath residue ..

They might be cold but they sure look happy.. Beautiful birds

How often do you bath your birds?

barnie.gif
hopefully after next week, things will improve at least the sun is out..Boo is miserable, he came out for a few mins but went right back in..cant wait for it to warm up..hes going to get a good bath. Hes not really dirty , but has some dirt bath residue ..
Oh wow. Your buffs are dreamy!!! Love them.

Back
Top Bottom