The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

thanks for the comments on the chocolate barred "cuckoo"

im very excited about them I will be breeding the chocolate barred "cuckoo" over solid chocolate hens
celebrate.gif

I also will put chocolate hens under the motteled rooster to start my chocolate motteled project

F1s will be solid black and 100% split for motteled and the cockerels split for chocolate

mate F1 cockerels to motteled hens

F2s will be chocolate pullets with 50% of them being motteled

I know very few of us have motteled and LF chocolate but if the ones that do work together we could have LF chocolate motteled on the ground in about 14 months and if more then one of us do the work we can swap chicks for some good genetic diversity

thanks for the comments on the chocolate barred "cuckoo"

im very excited about them I will be breeding the chocolate barred "cuckoo" over solid chocolate hens
celebrate.gif

I also will put chocolate hens under the motteled rooster to start my chocolate motteled project

F1s will be solid black and 100% split for motteled and the cockerels split for chocolate

mate F1 cockerels to motteled hens

F2s will be chocolate pullets with 50% of them being motteled

I know very few of us have motteled and LF chocolate but if the ones that do work together we could have LF chocolate motteled on the ground in about 14 months and if more then one of us do the work we can swap chicks for some good genetic diversity

barnie.gif
he.gif
somad.gif
I was looking at birds listed for auction on -----breed auctions and came a crossed a listing that made me more than a little upset so I hope you don't mind if I vent

falsely claming your birds is 100% import when it is clearly not is wrong whether they are trying to intentionally trying to mislead or they don't know any better ether way is sooo wrong

also before claiming I have ------ color please know what a bird MUST HAVE before you can call it ----- color if you bird dose not have certain traits then its NOT that color and should only be sold as ------projects

I will stop myself there
rant.gif
duc.gif

lol yes don the LF chocolate barred is the same thing as chocolate cuckoo and mating him over solid chocolate hens will produce chocolate barred

the other is referring to mating chocolate hens with a motteled

Quote:
OK, in the APA world, barred and cuckoo isn't the same. In my case with a cuckoo male over choc females, what should I get? I just put eggs in last week. I kinda thought I would get a black male that would be a choc split. Then I would have to cross the split guy back over choc females.

genetically barred and cuckoo are the same most of the time the term cuckoo is used when the barring is less defined and is not as clean

but I do not believe that the color cuckoo is in the standard as a recognized color except in a very few cases like danvers and if you read the color description the only difference is barred is even parallel barring wile cuckoo is irregular barring but genetically they work the same and the barring in a cuckoo can always be breed for the cleanest barring and the result would be a barred bird so when I say " blue barred " or" blue cuckoo" I mean a blue bird that carries at least one copy of the barring gene

as far as breeding a barred " cuckoo" bantam roo over solid chocolate hen it depends on the roo if he is double barred then 100% of the chicks would be barred "cuckoo" and the males would only carry one barring gene the pullets would not carry the chocolate gene and the cockerels would be split for chocolate

but if the roo is only single barred then 50% of the chicks would be barred "cuckoo" and again all the pullets would not carry the chocolate and the cockerels would be split for chocolate and if you mate the barred "cuckoo " split for chocolate roo back to the solid chocolate hens you would hatch chocolate pullets

would need to double check the genetics to be sure on the exact % of barred offspring with a single barred roo over solid hen

Back
Top Bottom