The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Which tail would you prefer…. here are the bums in question:

Oh boy, terrible pics…sorry. Ok, same pullet on left in both pictures, smaller girl with tighter feathers

Girl on Right in first 2 pics, with more pointy looking tail from behind:

Oh boy, terrible pics…sorry. Ok, same pullet on left in both pictures, smaller girl with tighter feathers

They are both beautiful girls. I prefer the tail with the slight pinch. But, I suspect that the other girl has more tail feathers coming. They have very nice chests, skirting, tight wings, and heads. They're lovely. I don't see any bums.

I suspect that the other girl has more tail feathers coming.
my understanding is english orpingtons are not finished growing till they are a year & a 1/2 old
i plan to do a test hatch with my new to me sportsman
i figured a couple dozen eggs from my britts would be a good test
i also want to make sure that my splash rooster is "getting the job done" with his ladies

my understanding is english orpingtons are not finished growing till they are a year & a 1/2 old
i plan to do a test hatch with my new to me sportsman
i figured a couple dozen eggs from my britts would be a good test
i also want to make sure that my splash rooster is "getting the job done" with his ladies
For sure.My rooster that I was ready to give to the first person that would take him at 5 months,
has turned into a real gentleman and is coming out of his first molt much nicer ............He is close to a year now.............
Some just seem to take some time. Also have a pullet that I was disappointed in and that now is really filling her feathers out.

I am pretty sure the one on the left will get her stiff tail feathers in and then you wont have to pick between them! I have a pullet that for the longest time only had one stiff tail feather. It awkwardly stuck out from her cochinesque tail for the longest time. We called her Alfalfa (from The Little Rascals) till suddenly, one morning I noticed the others had come in - it was a Christmas Miracle! Anyway, she looks fine now and I think yours will too...

First show of the season tomorrow, here in North/Central FL. The heat is gone, the humidity is down, and I am left with a bunch of half naked chickens....Two of the hens I entered suddenly have no tails, so I am down to three entries. I will be putting the Imported against the half American and let the judges decide....

First show of the season tomorrow, here in North/Central FL. The heat is gone, the humidity is down, and I am left with a bunch of half naked chickens....Two of the hens I entered suddenly have no tails, so I am down to three entries. I will be putting the Imported against the half American and let the judges decide....
good luck and have fun!!

Back
Top Bottom